Grooming! Brushing hair and trimming nails !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I adopted a new bunny in January. She is a very bossy and snappy lionhead lol I had a lionhead prior to her and she was very easy to groom and trim nails. But my new bunny sheesh! She has a ton of hair and she need grooming at least every other day. What are some tips to grooming a bunny who hates it? She growls or runs away when I try. Thank you all in advance for any help!

Attachments

• F5DA818D-42D1-4775-A77C-FBDF8AF222A6.jpeg
    F5DA818D-42D1-4775-A77C-FBDF8AF222A6.jpeg
    307.9 KB · Views: 5
  • AE1BEA29-DBB5-4BEF-837D-B72A9E993D8F.jpeg
    AE1BEA29-DBB5-4BEF-837D-B72A9E993D8F.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 5
Firstly, your bunny is adorablleeeee. So unique and pretty. My rabbit also had that problem where he hated being brushes and was/is rather head shy (Im guessing it has something to do with his previous bad home) I would cover her eyes and set her on your lap and pet until she is calm and while petting with one hand, brush gently with the other. Make sure you're using a good rabbit brush so it's not lack of comfort thats making her panic.

Firstly, your bunny is adorablleeeee. So unique and pretty. My rabbit also had that problem where he hated being brushes and was/is rather head shy (Im guessing it has something to do with his previous bad home) I would cover her eyes and set her on your lap and pet until she is calm and while petting with one hand, brush gently with the other. Make sure you're using a good rabbit brush so it's not lack of comfort thats making her panic.
Okay thanks! I will try this today! I appreciate your help 😊

Latest posts

Back