Gretchen's Garden

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenni

Reaction score
I am so excited about starting a blog thread for Gretchen--how marvelously fun!

IMG_4092.jpg

Gretchen is a young Rex/Dutch Mix. I've had her about a month and I already can't imagine life withour her.

Here is picture of her and our dog Beamer. As you can see,they get along nicely (most of the time). The only time thereare any issues is when Gretchen crawls on his back. Hedoesn't really like that--you know--claws digging into his back and all.

IMG_4079.jpg

She adores him. Infact, she warmed up to him before warmingup to my husband or I. She thinks he is a giant rabbit andhas no fear of him--which alarms me at times. He likes topounce right next to her and she runs off and then comes back formore. He also regulary kisses her on the nose. Shereally likes that. (They are not allowed to be togetherunsupervised, although Beamer is quite used to animals of otherspecies, in general. He still is a dog.)

Well, until the next Gretchen adventure...

Aww how adorable! It must be cute to watch them play together. I love the picture of the both of them. Beamer looks so sweet!

Thanks everybunny! I will take some new pics and post them this weekend!

I am not exactly sure how old she is.She's younger than 6 months and older than 3. She does looklike your bunny!

[align=center]
IMG_4076.jpg
[/align]
[align=left]Gretchen likes to sit in this basket. I have tomake sure that she doesn't chew on it since it is painted.She has been into licking things lately though. She licks thecouch, the coffee table, the floor, and every now and then she gives mea few licks. :)[/align]

Well, Maisie's about 4 1/2 months old, andGretchen looks older than Maisie as far as feature maturity (does thatmake sense?). I'm guessing, but I'd say maybe 5 1/2 to 6months? (When it all comes down to it, I really don'tknow...I'm going based on what I've seen as far as maturity rate ofMaisie's features.) I'll take more recent pictures soon soyou can see what I mean. :) The ones I have on hereare from when she was about two months old. :)

Jenni wrote:
[align=left]Gretchen likes to sit in this basket. I have tomake sure that she doesn't chew on it since it is painted.She has been into licking things lately though. She licks thecouch, the coffee table, the floor, and every now and then she gives mea few licks. :)[/align]
hehehe,that is what my Marshmallow has been doing for awhile,she willlick the furniture,i asked her if she was helping me to do myhousework,but i told her that i would rather do it myself,but thanksfor trying to help lol

cheryl

maherwoman wrote:
Well, Maisie's about 4 1/2 months old, and Gretchen looksolder than Maisie as far as feature maturity (does that makesense?). I'm guessing, but I'd say maybe 5 1/2 to 6months? (When it all comes down to it, I really don'tknow...I'm going based on what I've seen as far as maturity rate ofMaisie's features.) I'll take more recent pictures soon soyou can see what I mean. :) The ones I have on hereare from when she was about two months old. :)
Gretchen could be 6 months. I've been wondering thatmyself. I got her from a young man who breedsrabbits. I didn't ask him how old she was--oops.

I'll be taking her to the vet soon and I plan on asking themthere. She dosen't seem to be growing as fastanymore. She's 1/2 Dutch and 1/2 mini-Rex so she might notget very big.

Hmm...I wonder if that's what my Maisie could be...half dutch and half mini-rex. Hmmm...

Jenni wrote:
maherwoman wrote:
Well,Maisie's about 4 1/2 months old, and Gretchen looks older than Maisieas far as feature maturity (does that make sense?). I'mguessing, but I'd say maybe 5 1/2 to 6 months? (When it allcomes down to it, I really don't know...I'm going based on what I'veseen as far as maturity rate of Maisie's features.) I'll takemore recent pictures soon so you can see what I mean.:) The ones I have on here are from when she was about twomonths old. :)
Gretchen could be 6 months. I've been wondering thatmyself. I got her from a young man who breedsrabbits. I didn't ask him how old she was--oops.

I'll be taking her to the vet soon and I plan on asking themthere. She dosen't seem to be growing as fastanymore. She's 1/2 Dutch and 1/2 mini-Rex so she might notget very big.

Could be! She looks a lot likeGretchen. Does she look brown until you take a picture of herand then she looks grey?

Well, I haven't taken many pictures, but fromthe ones I've taken, she still looks gray in the pictures.Here's one...they're from when she was about two months old.:)

When I look at them, she certainly doesn't look as basic a brown in thepictures as she is in person. She doesn't have any range toher color, as far anything different from basic black andwhite. I'll look at the more recent pictures when I take themtoday. :)

zoj13l.jpg

zoj1qc.jpg

Jenni wrote:
Could be! She looksa lot like Gretchen. Does she look brown until you take apicture of her and then she looks grey?

Maisie might be a little fuzzier and a littlemore grey than Gretchen. I love the pics--she is socute! Gretchen is starting to get the rex nose andface. Itwill be interesting to see if Maisie doestoo.

Here is a picture that I took of Gretchen's Cage. I made ashelf for her by drilling into a pine board and then attaching it withzipties. The cage is working out very nice for her rightnow. She spends the evenings and weekends hopping around, butdoesn't mind going back to her cage at all.

IMG_4114.jpg

If she gets a lot bigger though I may have to do somethingelse. Eventually I would like to have her out 24 hours a dayanyway, but that won't be for awhile.

Her cage rarely looks this neat. As soon as she gets in there she throws all her stuff everywhere!!!

The interesting thing is that her face is thesame shape nowadays as your Gretchen's is in the pictures. Somuch so that they look like they could be from the samelitter! Is that a rex characteristic...the triangularface? It's something I find really beautiful about Maisie'sface.

The pictures I have of her on the computer right now are from when she was two months old. :)

Thanks! We loveboth of them.

maherwoman wrote:

The interesting thing is that her face is the same shapenowadays as your Gretchen's is in the pictures. So much sothat they look like they could be from the same litter! Isthat a rex characteristic...the triangular face? It'ssomething I find really beautiful about Maisie's face.

The pictures I have of her on the computer right now are from when she was two months old. :)
Gretchen's face is getting pointy like what you are describing. I bet Maisie does have some rex in her.

I knew the pics of Maisie were from when she was younger. Iguess I just temporarily forgot or something:huhI'd love tosee some new ones.

I am not sure if it is a rex characteristic. It's justsomething I've noticed about them. I'll have to look at thebreed standards to see what it says about their faces.

Gretchen is 1/2 Dutch, but I have a hard seeingit.

Latest posts

Back