Greens

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natasha gets Spring Mix, a mixture of young greens, every morning. She usually gets kale or romaine lettuce for dinner, and a broccoli floret or two as a bedtime snack.

So parsley can be fed daily?

I feed romaine daily, always have. As of lately i have been expoloring with more and more greens. Basil, Watercress, Spinach and Parsley. So I had been making my own little mix with all of these (each were introduced slowly, one green a week). Ive been feeding this mix (minus Basil) every day for dinner, and just plain romaine for breakfast and a grape for a snack at night (sometimes).

Is it okay to feed these greens daily? Poops look good, rabbits seem happy.

Romaine is the most everyday one here. Then I will sometimes mix in kale, spinach (no more spinach, see other post :) ) bok choy, parsley/cilantro(which she doesn't like) and a grape for a snack sometimes too.

agnesthelion wrote:
Romaine is the most everyday one here. Then I will sometimes mix in kale, spinach (no more spinach, see other post :) ) bok choy, parsley/cilantro(which she doesn't like) and a grape for a snack sometimes too.

the other post is what made me make this one! I feed spinach daily and didnt know i wasnt suppose to!

i think i'll stick with parsley, romain, and i'm going to give mint a shot. i have a HUGE bush thing in my yard.

Good luck with the mint, I heard some bunnies are super picky about that.

Mine has only really gotten romaine and cucumbers. Just bought some parsley last night and he seems to enjoy it. Is it a problem if you only feed them at night? (He gets pellets in the morning, greens at night) That's what I saw on youtube, so I wasn't even aware people fed greens twice a day. Oops!

MyBabyHasPaws wrote:
I've always thought it could be. Maybe I'm wrong? We feed it to Nibbles every day (nearly) and he's never had gas/diarrhea or any other issues.

We also have basil and sage plants that they get leaves from every so often.

Rascal usually gets a mix of kale, dandelion greens, parsley, and romaine. Sometimes he also get strawberry tops if I'm eating strawberries.

He has snubbed most other greens I have offered him!

He gets a bowl of veggies for breakfast and dinner. I LOVE his mealtime dances. For a minute or two, before I put his bowls down, he has to run and do binkies, while humming.

Ellie wrote:
Good luck with the mint, I heard some bunnies are super picky about that.

Mine has only really gotten romaine and cucumbers. Just bought some parsley last night and he seems to enjoy it. Is it a problem if you only feed them at night? (He gets pellets in the morning, greens at night) That's what I saw on youtube, so I wasn't even aware people fed greens twice a day. Oops!

but but but it smells so good! lol. I'll give it a shot today.. would be awesome if they liked it, if not.. more for my mojitos!! woo! :)

i feed mine veggies moring and night. in the am i give just a little bit of romaine and their pellets. in the pm i give the big veggie dish with the mix that i do.. then late late night before bedtime a little snack, normally a smashed grape :)

mdith4him wrote:
MyBabyHasPaws wrote:
I've always thought it could be. Maybe I'm wrong? We feed it to Nibbles every day (nearly) and he's never had gas/diarrhea or any other issues.

We also have basil and sage plants that they get leaves from every so often.
I give it daily too, never had any issues..! just wanted to confirm :)

BugLady wrote:
Rascal usually gets a mix of kale, dandelion greens, parsley, and romaine. Sometimes he also get strawberry tops if I'm eating strawberries.

He has snubbed most other greens I have offered him!

He gets a bowl of veggies for breakfast and dinner. I LOVE his mealtime dances. For a minute or two, before I put his bowls down, he has to run and do binkies, while humming.

ohhhh i wish mine did that. they beg like dogs though! stand on their back legs and follow me with their eyes. Oreo sometimes shakes the cage with her teeth! Its crazy! lol

i have never heard a rabbit purr! i'm jealous!

Sherbotsky gets fresh pellets and hay and a few leaves of a spring mix that includes kale, radicchio, spinach (not every day), red and green lettuce (not iceberg), and a few springs of cilantro or parsley. Cilantro is like bunny crack to Sherbotsky! She circles around us when she's out of her cage and we hold the bag. Sometimes she gets a few bites of cilantro at night before bed as a treat. She also makes this weird grunting noise when she wants out and pulls/pushes on her cage door.

I give Sweets celery leaf, pak choy, choy sum, parsley, basil and sometimes he enjoys a bit of mint! Also he gets a slice of carrot in the morning....he pretty much gets breakfast, an afternoon snack, dinner and more dinner before I go to bed :D he loves his foods lol

Latest posts

Back