Green onions okay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinkerbunnies

Reaction score
Me and my family went on a trip to Oregon, and left my buns in the care of a neighbor. She herself has a bun, is a close friend, and we made sure she knew what to do. When I came home, I checked on them, and I noticed that their cages were a little smelly for only being gone a week. Then, me and my sister found some green onions in their food. Also, I don't know if this is a coronation, but they might have gotten in a fight? Could green onions spike their hormones? Their both neutered, and have been getting along great. Please tell me if I should do anything, if this would pain them, and if I'm just being paranoid. Thanks!

- Blackie Chan and Big Wigs friend

Hello! Onions of any kind are considered unsafe for rabbits, including chives, shallots, red or white onions. However, they seem ok now? No diarrhoea? Do they seem comfortable and relaxed?

Yeah, I think so. It seems that they've been resting more than usual, and breathing a bit harder. But that might be because they were outside? It's pretty hot where we are, and they hadn't been outside for a week. But in diarrhea that we can see, they seem to be consuming food regularly. Thank you so much!

Latest posts

Back