GREEN Hard bunny poop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariethomas

Reaction score
About a day or two before deparasiting my bunny, I had fed him some "hay" I dried out myself. It was a bit greener than usual. I make my own because it's not available where I live.

Could this be the reason why my bunnies poop has turned a dark green? I have not fed any veggies, and I don't think he's snuck in any green foods. I don't remember checking before leaving to the vet to see if he had been pooing green before or after - but after I definitely noticed it. Another possibility could be from the liquid he was given? It's a thick yellow one. But I'm not sure.

At first they were a lighter green, but everyday they get a darker green. I'm not sure if this is something to be worried about. I've searched everything and found nothing on green poo.

Also, he has been behaving and eating normally.
Here is a picture of the first sightings.

JANUARY 15TH 2014 CAMERA 010.jpg

The only green poop problems that I'm aware of have to do with bright green diarrhea. Usually fecal poop color is directly related to what your rabbit is eating. If this happened after you gave the wormer, it's possible it has to do with that, but after a couple days it should return to normal. The more concerning thing that I see is the smaller than usual irregular sized poop(if that poop is all from the same rabbit), but that could have to do with the worming as well. Is his fecal poop normally like this, or is this something that just happened as well?

All of it is from the same rabbit. His poos have been medium sized since the day I brought him home. I have a rabbit smaller than him with much bigger poos. The only thing that has changed is the color.

I would think then, that if it's due to the wormer, that the color will return to normal after a day or two. If it's from the new hay that you fed, then there's nothing wrong with that.

Latest posts

Back