Great!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pla725

Reaction score
I just got a letter from my condo association stating that during an inspection they discovered I had more than two pets. Anyway I understand that. When I moved in I was told it was okay to keep my four rabbits. I actually moved in with five (okay number five was a foster). Yes I did acquire more rabbits over the past 3 1/2 years I've been here. No one said anything. Not even my neighbors. I don't go out my way to cause any problems. I mind my own business.

I can give the two fosters back. No problem. Now I am stuck deciding who to keep if I have to pare it down just to two. I offered to negotiate the issue.

Funny thing was I half joking about what was I thinking having nine rabbits and how much work it was sometimes. Be care what you think.

Did they come into your apartment without notice? Just wondering how they found out you had more then what you were supposed to.

I've been in my apartment since September, and they only know about my 12lbs Doxie/Min Pin mix dog. I also have 2 kitties, my bonded pair of bunnies (now a stray foster bunny, too), and a 36 gallon fish tank.

We just had an apartment manager move into the complex and I am worried she will tattle on me about the kitties (they look out the window)! I've been keeping the blinds closed for the front window in case she were to walk by and look in. I'm now dumping bunny litter boxes into a black trash bag, so she can't see bunny little in the dumpster (you never know!) or doesn't see me walking through with litter boxes.

My complex had switched management companies 3 times already. I guess I am getting the 3rd new lease to sign next week....so we will see what the lease says as far as animals go.

I can't wait to rent a house again!!

It's a condo association. I was there during the housing inspection. That is mostly to check the smoke detectors and the area for the hot water heater and hvac system.
What irks me is that it rook over two months to tell me this. I think this is really all about my pending bankruptcy.
The rule simply states two domestic pets are allowed. Most of the rules relate to dogs and cats.
I own the condo.

I haven't decided what to do yet. I'm writing a letter to request a meeting. I'm not hopeful but I can try. It isn't easy to decide what two to keep if it came down to it. I've had Goobie for five years, Sawyer almost as long. They both have bonded partners. Bono and Ruby are special needs. Max, Elby and Willie are singles. If I had choice between the those three I would go with Max and Willie. Elby is still young and he is a mini-rex. I hate bouncing rabbits around that don't need to bounced around. I hate feeling lousy. I just plain hate this.

I told my mom what was going on with the condo association. When I told her I had nine rabbits she got mad at me and accused me of being ahoarder. She hung up the phone on me. Anyway I have to decide who to keep and who not to keep. This isn't easy.

Wow... those are strong words coming from your mom... If nine rabbits is hording, what about my five, or the folks who have a dozen? Where does the line get drawn other than medical expenses and food costs?

I hope everything goes well for you. I think I would have a horrible time letting any of my fosters go when it isn't for an adoption situation.

I understand her concern. It was my fault because she was going and on about other issues that are on going in my life. I wasn't feeling well and she didn't like that I only went in for part of the day. I told her my supervisor was okay with it. I had bad experience with a supervisor at an old job. That's another story. I am not behind on my work. I also just got tired of explaining everything about my bankruptcy and that I was told to do things a certain way by the student loan and mortgage companies. I guess she felt like I was being nonchaltant about it. I am not.

BTW I haven't brought in a new rabbit in about two years other than the occassional foster. My last foster is still with me until I find a new foster space or he gets adopted.

Latest posts

Back