Great news!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littl3red

Ashtin - Member
Reaction score
I'm moving out of this house Monday and taking Maya with me! We found a house to rent with my (bunny-friendly) friend Alex. :party0002: Instead of keeping her in the cage my mom made me put her in, I am having my boyfriend help me make this for when I am not around:
50a59296fab60d9cd2f0a4c65e05e6b0.jpg

However, since I am renting, I can't completely change out the floor in Maya's little corner. I am wondering how I can keep the carpet safe from accidents/chewing/etc without having to rip up the carpet?

Great news! I'm glad your going to move to a new home.

A tip for protecting the corner, at Walmart they have plastic mats I was thinking you could but one of those and put it on her little corner.

Yay!!! That's great news. I'm so glad for you and Maya :)

That setup looks really nice. To protect the carpet you could buy a piece of linoleum to cover the carpet with, or you could use a sheet of plywood with linoleum tiles stuck to it.

Congratulations Ashtin! I'm so glad that you're able to finally move out! It will be so much better for you and Maya.

I agree with Jenny, maybe you could get a piece of plywood and have them cut it at home depot or lowes, to the size you need. Then you could cover it with the stick on linoleum or a roll of linoleum. That way you can just move the whole thing when you leave the house!
Is Maya going to be free range when you're home? I bet she'll really love that.

I second those hard plastic mats that you might put under a high chair... they are often dimpled on the bottom so they stay put on the rug. I would just try to put the fence/falls a few inches in onto the tarp (rather than just on the edge) to discourage chewing, and so that if she pees in the corner it may not run off onto the carpet.

If all else fails, Bissel Spot Bots are amazing.

Plywood with tiles sounds good, but I think the plastic mats would be cheaper. I remember a few years ago we used them under our computer chairs and they stayed put and worked wonders. They are nice and hard too. Not made of flimsy plastic.

Congratulations on a new place for you & Maya! Office chair mats for carpeted floors range from about $20 on up around here. That's what I am using to protect my floors for now. Also, I just checked & found Coroplast sheets (4 x 8 feet) costs $20 a sheet which I am thinking about getting for more single flooring coverage. Hope you will post pix of Maya's new home when you both get settled in! Have fun fixing up yours & Maya's first home!

Tauntz...just wondering as I'm looking for a piece of coroplast that size and the price is good, where did you find it? Did you find it at a chain store?

Tauntz...just wondering as I'm looking for a piece of coroplast that size and the price is good, where did you find it? Did you find it at a chain store?

I dont know if a smaller size will help but Home Depot sells 4x6.

And congratulations on the move, more fun space for the bun!

Yup, Maya is going to be free range when I'm home, with the exception of Alex's room and the computer/gaming room (too many cords to try and bunny proof.) The computer mat is actually a really good idea, I will definitely look into that.

Congratulations. In the past we have used: floor mats like the ones for office chairs bought at a yard sale for $1, plywood covered with carpet from the dumpster behind a flooring store, plastic tarp covered with carpet from you already know where. Wanted to have the contact area sealed of so no incidental staining. If you have one that digs/chews blankets and carpet, then our other item works well--plastic tarp (seals) covered by multiple layers of cardboard. Card board is cheap to acquire and is easily replaced. A large box can be opened up til it's flat and will cover a large area.

Personally I used a rubber horse stall mat. Durable, chew proof and relatively easy to clean. I also have the foam puzzle mats which I hate (already replaced one set) which I got on a temporary for my second rabbit until both bond, but since its taking a while I'm almost thinking of getting a second stall mat. Only problem is it is heavy.

Latest posts

Back