grass mats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
i am looking for some large, grass mats for the buns online. . .that aren't an arm and a leg. . .were do you guys get yours at?

I don't actually have these, as my mom thoughtthey were too big, but Pier 1 is having a sale on them right now! Thelink is too long to post, but if you go towww.pier1.com then click on shop now ;walls floors and windows; doormats; then there are the dragongrassmats. This is where I got my willow balls too!

I use the Pier 1 dragongrass mats.Some people have also found them at Bed, Bath, &Beyond. They're much cheaper in those stores than the onlinebunny stores.

I went to Pier 1 and asked if they had anyuntreated grass mats and I was told no by both associates saying theyhave never carried them. I work in retail and it really sounded like a"no i'm busy leave me alone" responce so I wasn't very happy. I gotmine at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I think some of this is dependent on the bun...Nibbles could care less about those large grass mats from Busy Bunny,but loves the coarse woven straw mats that are sold in petstores (for hamsters, rabbits and other small animals). And her otherfave is a woven grass doormat with a lot of texture.

the pet store grass mats are very overpriced, but have probably savedme a lot of $ that might have had to be spent on repairs, so at thispoint, they're worth it to me - though I'd love to find a cheapersource.

Katt, I have a picture that I took of my grass mats for Jace, hang on...

Bunnies160.jpg

The basket was like 5.00 at Walmart, the large mat was 9.00 at Bed Bathand Beyond (its a doormat and they were on clearance when you walk inthe door) and the round one is also from Bed Bath and Beyond 1.00 onclearance..its a placemat.

As you can see, my bunnies love them! I also have some Ive orderedonline, but if you can find them yourself theyre a lotcheaper..

thanks everyone! next week when i am home (getting ready to head back to college) i will go look around. . .

Or to make into tunnels! This is aPier 1 dragongrass mat, held together with zip ties. Good forsleeping, chewing, digging in, and if you're Loki throwing around thecage!

44ag1f4.jpg

Thats an awesome idea. Bud loves those mats and hes a real tunnel lover.

Today I bought a 20"X11" Grass Hutch Mat for$1.99 from super pets at a nearby pet shop!! it will be Daisy's firstmat , I hope she likes it. what happens if she pees on it, can I washit ?!? It looks like if it gets wet , it will stink later on.

You can't really wash a grass mat. Feyand Sprite have peed on theirs a few times. Isoaked it up with paper towels, sprayed it with a teeny bit of vinegar,soaked that up, and let it be. I don't notice asmell. But if it's really gross you'll have to just toss itand get a new one.

Latest posts

Back