Grapes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(From Wikipedia on dogs & grapes)

"The consumption of grapes and raisins presents a potential health threat to dogs. Their toxicity to dogs can cause the animal to develop acute renal failure (the sudden development of kidney failure) with anuria (a lack of urine production). The phenomenon was first identified by the Animal Poison Control Center (APCC), run by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). Approximately 140 cases were seen by the APCC in the one year from April 2003 to April 2004, with 50 developing symptoms and seven dying.[1]

It is not clear that the observed cases of renal failure following ingestion are due to grapes only. Clinical findings suggest raisin and grape ingestion can be fatal, but the "mechanism of toxicity" is still considered unknown.[2]
"

I knew it caused renal failure but I didn't recall the exact specifics on it all. That wiki page sums it up far better than I can.

(From Wikipedia on dogs & grapes)

"The consumption of grapes and raisins presents a potential health threat to dogs. Their toxicity to dogs can cause the animal to develop acute renal failure (the sudden development of kidney failure) with anuria (a lack of urine production). The phenomenon was first identified by the Animal Poison Control Center (APCC), run by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). Approximately 140 cases were seen by the APCC in the one year from April 2003 to April 2004, with 50 developing symptoms and seven dying.[1]

It is not clear that the observed cases of renal failure following ingestion are due to grapes only. Clinical findings suggest raisin and grape ingestion can be fatal, but the "mechanism of toxicity" is still considered unknown.[2]
"

I knew it caused renal failure but I didn't recall the exact specifics on it all Can rabbits eat apples. That wiki page sums it up far better than I can.
The neighbors grapes are coming over the fence and covering the side of my garage, they dont produce very good grapes or i would just train them to go where i want. So im cutting them off. Can rabbits eat grape leaves and vines?

The neighbors grapes are coming over the fence and covering the side of my garage, they dont produce very good grapes or i would just train them to go where i want. So im cutting them off. Can rabbits eat grape leaves and vines?
Grape vine leaves and stems are OK. But as with all fresh food introduce in small quantities.

Latest posts

Back