Grandma arrested for driving with child on roof

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabbitdad12

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
MARATHON, Fla. - Authorities say a grandmother was arrested for driving around the parking lot of a Marathon grocery store with her 3-year-old child sitting on the roof of the car.

Monroe County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to the Publix store Tuesday and arrested a 54-year-old woman after she was driving around with her three-year-old granddaughter on the roof of her car.

The grandmother was released from jail 15 hours later.

The woman said Thursday she would never let anything hurt her granddaughter. She says she was driving at "snail-speed" and holding the child's leg.

Authorities say the woman told police she was giving the child some air and letting her have fun.

She faces charges of child abuse. The child is back with her mother.

Hate to admit it, but my (ex) brother-in-law almost the same...only he gets away with what he does. My sis has complained and reported him a few times, but he's never been charged...or even approached by child services or police. :?

EXCUSE ME, WHAT?????????? She just wanted to give the child some air??? Open a window, walk around the parking lot, go into the store (air conditioners, remember?), etc., etc., etc. What a moron!

What is wrong with taking the kid to the park for a bit of fresh air and fun....geez some people don't think what they're doing :rollseyes

As awefull as this sounds, I have done this before :?, not with a kid though, an adult friend. Myself, boyfriend Mat and our buddy James used to be so stupid when we would drink on the weekends. One night we decided it would be fun if I drove James' large SUV around the front lawn whilst he and Mat took turns at sitting on the roof.

I didn't know how to drive really, we were all drunk, it was James' turn on the roof and I slammed the brakes on when I got close to the mailbox, he flew off the roof and landed on it, family jewels first!

When I think how stupid it was for adults to do something like that, and how much I regreted it afterwards (even though we were all fine), makes my blood boil that someone would drive around with a little kid on the roof :grumpy:.

People shouldn't be as dumb as me, it's not good for your health.

Latest posts

Back