GPS Navigation systems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyscove

Christina - Moderator
Reaction score
I have an iPhone and typically rely on that for navigation, but in August myself, my best friend and my brother will be driving from Los Angeles back to Ithaca, NY (on a 7 day roadtrip) because I'm taking a car to school next year.
I have three cars that I drive at home (one is my mom's old car she didn't want to get rid of; one is my dad's girlfriend's old car she didn't want to get rid of, and the third was my cousin's car before he moved to Germany) so I'm looking for something I can move from one vehicle to another if need be.
The problem is there are so many out there, and such a wide range of prices. I don't mind spending more if it's really worth it, but I'm having trouble deciding what I really want.

Do any of you have one? What are some features that you really like, or ones you don't use and find unnecessary?

My husband gave me a Garmin Nuvi 765t for Christmas and I love it. It is very user friendly. My favorite features are lane assist (so you always know what lane you have to be in for the next turn) and the ability to pair your bluetooth phone to it to talk hands-free. I highly recommend it.

I should also add that while it comes with a windshield mount, I just didn't like it. I got the beanbag mount that you put on the dashboard and am happy with it. The beanbag also makes it very easy to pick up and set it on the floor when you have to leave the car for a short time. It also has real-time traffic that will reroute you around traffic tie-ups.

I have a Garmin too, sometimes the directions they give are not always the best and shortest way to get to where you are going.

Twice on my way back from Orillia to Ajax it told me twice to go a way that would have taken me an extra hour to get home. Good thing I realised it just afterI made the turn and then had to do a U turn.

Susan:shock:

Latest posts

Back