Gouldian Finches

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are such gorgeous little birds. So vibrantly colored.
There's a lady in Florence (between Tucson & Phoenix) that sells them. Is that the same or is this Bev in Tucson proper?

I don't believe you post pics, so I'll attach a photo of a Gouldian (from google) so everyone can see how gorgeous they are...

Last edited:
That is the male to a "T". The female is a Lilac and white--light purple instead of the bright color of the male and white where the one in the pic is yellow. We'll get some pics in a week when they are settled in, but they won't be as good as the ones from the Gouldian site. I tell everyone that they make Macaws look drab, they are just much smaller. Nancy wants to breed them and our parakeets. The Budgies are named Stan and Olly and the finches are Donald and Daisy.

Cute names!
My mother had a pair of Gouldians. Hers had babies several times. Apparently they are more difficult to breed than other finches. But my Mom totally spoiled them with (if I recall) greens and fruit and eggshell.

I have a pair of diamond doves that I'm hoping will breed. They are hard to come by around here. And we just had a Bird Mart a couple weeks ago where I picked up a couple female canaries - one is yellow and one is peach-colored. Those two have been a riot to watch. So active.

Oh what fun! Congratulations!

When the forum changed hosts (or whatever) it must've lost the photo we posted to show members what Gouldians look like. So here's another photo (until we get to see yours, Larry).
thumb-1920-205265.jpg

So glad these birds are hard to breed and bad parents--they are sitting on a clutch of 5 more eggs. Seems like all of our companion animals never follow the norm. We have to go looking for a much larger cage tomorrow--the larger ones on amazon and ebay have too big a space between the bars and won't contain finches.

Would love to see photos of your babies.

I've been hoping my Parsons Finch will breed. She has been sitting in her nest during the daytime lately, so we'll see.

They aren't as striking as Gouldians but are pretty in their own way.
upload_2018-8-16_13-51-38.png

Not sure what size cage you're looking for, but I like the Vision Cages.
Vision II Model M02 Bird Cage, Medium

Four of the five hatched and are growing--we got them because they aren't supposed to be good breeders. Bought another cage that will get put together tomorrow--just don't know what to do with all the birds. Just saw a pic of Owl finches--very striking also.

We have 3 survivors and they came out yesterday and then back in last nite--bought a much bigger cage and put it together yesterday. Will set it up and move them on Saturday. 7 birds total now and am going to remove anything that is remotely nest like.

Nancy has a face book page with all--dogs, birds, and bunnies. Same name as account here and same locale. I,m so happy that they are "hard to breed" if you believe what is written. Gonna look for a pair of Owl Finches--they are really great looking.

Nancy has a face book page with all--dogs, birds, and bunnies. Same name as account here and same locale. I,m so happy that they are "hard to breed" if you believe what is written. Gonna look for a pair of Owl Finches--they are really great looking.

Nancy I added you on Facebook . It’s Isabella Ferritto. Anyone here feel free to add me. Can’t wait to see your awesome pics my friend! My dad used to breed canaries and finches!! Love birds!!

Latest posts

Back