Got my "replacement" bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKrchov

Reaction score
Ever since my bunny Nytro passed away on the operating table I've had bunnies on the brain. My heart was telling me that I wasn't ready, but Petland was telling me I couldn't get a refund, I had to pick another bunny. We picked a male (?) Brown Lionhead (Our previous bunny was a dwarfxlionhead) he's really sweet. We're considering naming him Apex.

Perhaps getting a rabbit from a rescue or shelter would be better? I know they are healthier than store bought rabbits, sorry for your loss though, losing a pet can be hard

it's BS that they wouldn't refund your money, but I'm glad that you've found room in your heart to take in another bunny :)

it's BS that they wouldn't refund your money, but I'm glad that you've found room in your heart to take in another bunny :)

I know right. It's awful. Especially because we were literally on the way home from picking the bunny up and my dog is in labor so we wanted to wait until AFTER the puppies before getting another bunny. Yet they said I have to get a new bunny within the 30 day warranty or I get nothing.

New bunny is settling in great! So healthy and lovable. He's so big though! Compared to Nytro, who was about the size of a BABY guinea pig.

hrm... I can't really seem to find anything on the difference between lionheads and dwarf lionheads... it looks to me like they're actually different names for the same thing (as lionheads were bred partially from dwarves to begin with). lionheads are very small breeds (not the smallest, but only a step up from them) and only get to about 2.5-3.5 lbs - last time I weighed mine, she was 3 lbs, 3.8 oz at six and a half months (so full grown or very close). my guess is that the new bunny is so much bigger because he's older. they EXPLODE between 8 weeks (the youngest age they should be sold at, though not all pet stores adhere to that) and 12 weeks of age - mine more than doubled in weight. a couple weeks sitting at the pet store waiting to be sold can make a massive difference ;)

I'm sorry to hear about the previous bun. I hope your experience with this one will be better. :)

Just a suggestion for the future for anyone that may end up in a similar situation...

If the store doesn't want to give the money and you do not want an animal from them, ask for a store credit. That way, you can get the animal from a more reputable place or shelter and just get food or something from the store instead. :)

Latest posts

Back