Got laid off on Friday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mambo101

Reaction score
After 15 years working for the same company I got laid off on Friday. I will be able to collect unemployment and will still be getting paid for the whole month of January. for sure I won't be able to go the PA rabbit convention next month. I'm already bored. Please pray that I find a new job.

Oh man :(

It seems like a lot of people are having a rough time.

Do you think it's the possible recession? or the election year?

I sure hope you find a new job quickly...... 15 years is a long time to have been with one company.

I'm sorry, thats such a terrible thing to go through.:(I've been there.

On the bright side with 15 years experiance, you can surely go to any other company in the same field and get hired! Not sure what field your in...

Good luck in persuit of whatever you choose to do. I hope it turns out for the best.:)

After 15 years you only get one month of severance pay.....sheesh! I got laid off in December 2006 after only 1 1/2 years with the company and got 6 months pay plus 6 months of medical. Fortunately, I had a new (and better!) job before I even left the old one.

I hope you find a new (and better!) job quickly.

Dan, so sorry to hear this, I'm in the same boat as you:(. 15 years is a long time not to get much for severance, wow.

They had been making cuts at my job since bringing this new guy in. My last day was Friday too. I didn't take the severance, as we had to sign a "Separation Agreement" that is bogus to get it.

Good Luck in finding a new job very soon.:hug:

((Dan))

Getting laid off is never fun, and has always been a big fear for me. I went through it about 12 years ago now, after working at the same company for almost 8 years (they decided to close the doors due to poor sales). And at the time it felt like the worst thing that could ever happen, esp. since I was a single mom and the sole income-earner...plus it couldn't have happened at a worse time...a week before Christmas, and a few weeks after there had been really hefty cuts in the govt - which meant heavy competition for work. But you know, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It took a while to see that, but because I got laid off, it led to me getting out of retail (which I hated...I'm not a retail-type person) and I wound up with a job I love. It didn't happen overnight, but hang in there...I really do hope (and I really do believe) that this will lead to you finding something even better.

:hug:

I just wanted to say I'm sorry this has happened to you. I hope you will find something even better very soon.

Thanks you all for the good wishes. I worked for a law firm that specializes in real estate closings. A local bank that gave us 90% of our business took all their closings in-house back in October. I've actually seen this coming since then so I'm not really surprised. At least my rabbits are getting some extra freedom time now.

I hope you find something soon Dan . . .

My daughter just started a new job at a tanning salon (she's thrilled because she can tan for free).

Her new boss sounds like a real winner (I could over hear the conversation on phone) . . .:rollseyes

Boss lady calls daughter today at noon, "ARE YOU COMING IN TODAY OR WHAT?????"

Daughter, "Yesterday, you told be to come in at 3:00 today".

Boss lady, "I wasreally messed up onPercodan yesterday. I want you to come in RIGHT NOW!":pullhair:

Except for the psycho boss drug addict, my daughter really loves her new job. :headsmack

Pam

Latest posts

Back