Got Fur???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
Some of you mayremember the photo I posted of Sebastian recentlythat showedhow full his coat is, and you may also recall that I've grumbled uponoccasion, about how much I have to groom him. Wellanyway today while I was brushing him I decided to takesomepictures to show you how much wool comes out each time Igroomhim. I do it every couple days and it's usually about the same amountwhen his coat is this full.

At least now that he is older it doesn'tmat as easily but it is so thick! :X

I think the one photo shows how soft and downy textured the wool is! ;)

RaspberrySwirl

Hair2.jpg

barrelofhair1.jpg

barrelofhair32.jpg

pamnock wrote:
Matthew added some fiber fill to his wool collection and made a Spiderman pillow :)

Pam
Wow! I can't believe I never thought ofthat! SLG has a thing for pillows! She has a dozen on her bed....I'llhave to start saving his wool and make her a pillow with Sebastian'swool! What a coolidea!

Raspberry

She'll LOVE that! Do mix it with itwith fiber-fill, as the wool alone will matt together in thepillow. It also take a LOT of compressed wool to fill apillow. Since the wool is very fine, you'll find that thepillow will a"shed" a little.

Pam

Wow!! I can't imagine that! I thought Basil lost a lot of fur in her recent molt, but she lost probably that much total!!

Jen

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
pamnock wrote:
Matthew addedsome fiber fill to his wool collection and made a Spiderman pillow :)

Pam
Wow! I can't believe I never thought ofthat! SLG has a thing for pillows! She has a dozen on her bed....I'llhave to start saving his wool and make her a pillow with Sebastian'swool! What a coolidea!

Raspberry
You can make lots of stuff out of his fur. When I was little my grandmamade winter mittens out of our dog's fur and a scarf for back pain.Although you have to find somebody who can make all this fur into woolso you can knit anything.

And to think, that bunny is only a wee bit longer than one of Apollo's ears! :shock:

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back