Got Ears?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem, I know how it is. I have been looking into a Severe Macaw, which is a type of mini macaw. I was reading about how much time they need, how big of a cage they need, all that jazz. Since we're military and I'm not even in my own career yet I have had to accept that it'll be years from now if I ever did manage to get a Severe Macaw and by then I'll be totally overloaded! I don't think large birds are in my future, either.

I hope the bird finds a good home.

It's been nearly 2 years since my last update. So, here goes.

In June, my family moved from Texas to Colorado. Michiko came with us, of course. We got her a great setup in our new rental home and she was very content. We were all living together happily until this past Saturday.

Michiko has passed away. As is the nature of the rabbit, Michiko showed no signs at all of illness until it was too late for us to save her. She was normal, then she was being odd, then she was normal, then she was dying.

Michiko took her last breath in my arms as I sobbed and had to keep telling my husband over and over that she was dying and she wasn't going to be okay. Michiko blinked as she laid there dying and a single tear fell to my arm. I held her for around an hour as I descended into hysterics and my husband tried to figure out what the next step was.

This was my husband's first big pet death and he has had an exceptionally hard time dealing with it. He wanted to bury her, as we have done for a couple mice in the past. However, this home is a rental and it's surrounded by burrowing creatures. I descended into hysterics once more when I considered the thought of leaving my Heart Bunny here on this property when we move this summer.

I had to make the decision and I chose cremation. I could never live without my beautiful Michiko, so I have decided that I won't. We dropped her off this morning and we should have her back by Wednesday at the latest. The place we went to was nice. I am confident Michiko will be taken care of while she waits to return home.

This whole thing has been really hard. I don't know how to cope with the early loss of my baby girl. I'm not sure this wound will ever fully heal.

I miss you so much, Michiko. I hope you know how much I loved you.

I´d never seen your blog before and I clicked on this last page and read the news of Michiko´s passing and I just had to go back and read through the whole blog to get the whole story. It´s been quite a journey for you and I have so enjoyed reading about all your animals and about your life, I loved the story of how you and your husband met.

Michiko was a beautiful little girl and the pics of her have been awesome and I´ve so enjoyed hearing about all the joys she´s given you and all the funny and naughty things ´she´s done. She was a much loved and a very lucky little bunny and you gave her a wonderful life.

I can´t even imagine how lost you feel now especially as her passing was so unexpected. However, you´ve enjoyed her life with you to the full and it reminds us all that we should cherish and enjoy our bunnies every single day as we never know how long they´ll be with us. You were with her until her last moment and I know that must have been a great comfort to her being in your arms.

I was genuinely upset to read about this and my thoughts and prayers are with you as Michiko binkies away over that rainbow bridge. Bye bye beautiful girl.

I just read through your blog. I loved reading all the stories about your mini zoo and Michiko. I can't believe she passed away. I'm soooo sorry for your loss :(. She had a wonderful life with you and you must miss her very much.

Good bye pretty girl. Cherish your memories with her.

Aww I just read some of your blog too and I'm so sorry to hear of Michikos passing. Although horrible, what a way for Michikos to pass in the arms of someone who loved her.

It is never easy. Binky free Michiko!

So sad that you lost such a beautiful bun. She was still pretty young, too. I read through your whole blog not knowing what was here on the last page, and now I'm sad, but happy to have read about her life.

Latest posts

Back