Goodbye to my sweet little Bambi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We just took our little Mini Rex for her last trip to the vet. Such an amazing bunny--where to start? If I forgot to close her hutch, she'd jump up into it and put herself up. She was a world class jumper and got onto things even my larger bunnies couldn't get to. She's been with us more than 13 years and the people that surrendered her to the shelter said she was born on July 7, 1999. By far our oldest bunny surpassing Coal at 16. She started losing her mobility 6 months ago and it was time, even though we hated to make this last trip. Goodbye my sweetie, rest in peace and binky free. Tech support (my son) will be over next week to add some pics for me.

So sorry to hear about your mini rex. Same thing happened to our hiphop, he lost his mobility. Rather than let him suffer we had him put to sleep. He had a long life almost 14 years old. Brent and Sharon

You need to get another mini rex! After hip hop passed away it only took us a few months to get another netherland dwarf. I even tried to get the same color but we ended up with Sadie a black netherland dwarf and we love her! Brent and Sharon

I'm so sorry that you've lost your little bunny. I know how much it hurts, but maybe the fact that she lived so long can be a tiny comfort. I'm looking forward to see the photos of her, I bet she was adorable.

my bunny went down over the weekend...seemed to perk up, eating..but over today dropped... i knew he wasn't going to get better, so i took him in to the ver's before closing (vet said he was sick a long time and lost weight and would be in end stage of some kind of kidney or liver failure.)....Im really sad, been wailing and holding him. i keep my animal's bodies overnight, wrapped...after once when I buried my dog immediately....and got a bit of ptsd about it. hope i haven't been graphic or depressing, but id like to talk to people who know this stuff; doing what's right for our own but hurting to lose a beautiful fur suit....Im scared about tomorrow, the doubts...and when his body is buried...that empty pain. i may never have another bun. I just love him so and long to feel that sense of peace that they go on (Ive felt it before around humans and animals..but sometimes I lose it... sorry for rambling...I feel so alone).

my bunny went down over the weekend...seemed to perk up, eating..but over today dropped... i knew he wasn't going to get better, so i took him in to the ver's before closing (vet said he was sick a long time and lost weight and would be in end stage of some kind of kidney or liver failure.)....Im really sad, been wailing and holding him. i keep my animal's bodies overnight, wrapped...after once when I buried my dog immediately....and got a bit of ptsd about it. hope i haven't been graphic or depressing, but id like to talk to people who know this stuff; doing what's right for our own but hurting to lose a beautiful fur suit....Im scared about tomorrow, the doubts...and when his body is buried...that empty pain. i may never have another bun. I just love him so and long to feel that sense of peace that they go on (Ive felt it before around humans and animals..but sometimes I lose it... sorry for rambling...I feel so alone).
Sorry for your loss. I don't completely understand the story - because English is not my native language - , but I think I got the point. When my bunny died, we chose individual cremation. It's a kind of slight comfort to have his remains with us, at the place where he was living with us in love and joy. It gives me the illusion that I can still take care of him.

Sorry for your loss. I don't completely understand the story - because English is not my native language - , but I think I got the point. When my bunny died, we chose individual cremation. It's a kind of slight comfort to have his remains with us, at the place where he was living with us in love and joy. It gives me the illusion that I can still take care of him.
I probably am not coherent...it just happened tonight,,,a few hours ago.... literally.
I believe you can take care of your bunny. they take care of us. they teach.x

Hi sweetie, still miss you like all getout. The really funny thing is when we took you in and I did not want another bunny--15 was more than enough. Took you to the vet and when we got home, there was another bunny on our front lawn--never forget that day for sure. Rest easy and binky free my little velvet girl.

Woah! Bunnies can live that long? 19 years???
Yep. But is depends how you take care of them. If one of your guys's rabbits passes away before a long age then I am not saying that you did something wrong

I found this on google. The oldest rabbit ever was a wild rabbit named Flopsy, who was caught on the 6 August 1964, and died 18 years and 10.75 months later at the home of L.B. Walker of Longford, Tasmania, Australia.

Latest posts

Back