Goodbye Shadow, my Beautiful Big, Black Bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LuvaBun wrote:
:hug2: Thank you!

Peg, I always thought of Shadow as a kind of smaller version of Tiny - same kind of looks and laid back personality, and friends with everyone. I know you have had some sad losses recently, and I'm sorry. I haven't been around as much as I'd like but, as you know, having a dependent bunny can take a whole lot of time. Still, I wish he was still here to spend it on :(

Jan
I think the reason this hit me so hard is Shadow did remind me of Tiny a lot....

I understand how they take a lot of work - but you'd do anything to have them back for a while longer...

1149_122204_050000000.jpg

Binky Free Shadow. Missing you... :sad:

TinysMom wrote
I understand how they take a lot of work - but you'd do anything to have them back for a while longer...
You are right, Peg. Despite some days being worn out after cleaning, giving him his meds, then cleaning him, I feel a bit lost now not having to do that :sigh:

Stan, thank you for posting that lovely picture. I still have the one of Shadow and Pebbles on my fridge - she was so tiny next to him, but he was always so gentle - though sometimes a bit boisterous - with her.

When I read your post on your blog about the acupuncture helping Shadow, I thought you might have a glimmer of hope, of possible healing. I guess there is no good outcome for tumors/cancers in bunnies.

It sounds like Georgia is taking over as big-bun of the house. How sweet of her to take over some of Shadow's responsibilities. We all grieve in our own way...

Rest in PeaceShadow. Pernod has her sweetie to keep her company once again. I hope they are happy doing tons of binkies at The Bridge. :rainbow:

** so many hugs to you ** :hug:

Jan, I am so, so sorry :( Shadow was a super special bunny and will be remembered by many! Binky free, Shadow! Yesterday I bought a piece of fabric at a fabric store covered with bunnies doing all kinds of fun bunny activities. Bought it because it looks like my idea of bunny heaven. There is a black bunny just like Shadow! I will think of your sweetie as well as my own buns when I look at it.

Oh no Jan - I am so sorry to hear this. Poor Shadow!:( I was very lucky in having the pleasure to meet him when you pet-sat Millie for me, and I loved how the two of them became friends. What a lovely, kind bunny he was.

I'm so sorry for your loss Jan. I hope you are ok.

I collected Shadows ashes from the vet yesterday - he came home!

It was harder than I thought. It seems so final now, not like he is just staying at Stan's, but the reality that he is never coming back really hit me hard.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. It means a lot. :hug:

Jan

Oh my dear Jan - what a beautiful big boy! What a precious precious bunny - I am so very sorry - he loved you and was so beloved as only a bunny can be by a very devoted bunny slave - his story is heartbreaking and so touching - he looks so happy and content in those pictures - so happy you took him into your home. life and heart - you made the world a beautiful place for him - I can see Shadow was well and dearly loved and Shadow knew that - He is definately one of a kind and will always be a part of you - you will see him again when our Lord and Saviour returns. He looks just like my Sullen except she is white and he is black - she always likes to sleep outstretched with her head on the floor like that. I am so very sorry more than any words can say. All I can say is that people like you make the world a more beautiful place.

Oh my dear Jan - what a beautiful big boy! What a precious precious bunny - I am so very sorry - he loved you and was so beloved as only a bunny can be by a very devoted bunny slave - his story is heartbreaking and so touching - he looks so happy and content in those pictures - so happy you took him into your home. life and heart - you made the world a beautiful place for him - I can see Shadow was well and dearly loved and Shadow knew that - He is definately one of a kind and will always be a part of you - you will see him again when our Lord and Saviour returns. He looks just like my Sullen except she is white and he is black - she always likes to sleep outstretched with her head on the floor like that. I am so very sorry more than any words can say. All I can say is that people like you make the world a more beautiful place.

Latest posts

Back