Goodbye Oakley

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbunnyx

Reaction score
I don't know how this happened, but on Saturday night, Oakley escaped his cage, which was in the garage because it was colder outside, and my bunnies live in a safe area outside. After he escaped, I had no idea that happened, and how it happened. The next day when I went to feed them, he was gone from his cage! I think he's gone.... He would never run away though, every time he escapes, he comes right back.

I'm so sorry! This is such a horrible way to lose an animal. Are there a lot of predators where you live? How cold it is at night? I would keep food out for him and call him very often. Hopefully Oakley will find his way back!

I don't know how this happened, but on Saturday night, Oakley escaped his cage, which was in the garage because it was colder outside, and my bunnies live in a safe area outside. After he escaped, I had no idea that happened, and how it happened. The next day when I went to feed them, he was gone from his cage! I think he's gone.... He would never run away though, every time he escapes, he comes right back.
How old is he and how long was with you, I've checked your threads to find out and you had Rex and Twix and never mentioned Oakley, so maybe I think if he was new to you maybe he is back to his old family or something? If he was housed outside maybe he will come back there, I don't know if it is possible to keep the door open and food in there because of maybe other your animals or predators can get in, but I would also keep calling him maybe he is still around?

How old is he and how long was with you, I've checked your threads to find out and you had Rex and Twix and never mentioned Oakley, so maybe I think if he was new to you maybe he is back to his old family or something? If he was housed outside maybe he will come back there, I don't know if it is possible to keep the door open and food in there because of maybe other your animals or predators can get in, but I would also keep calling him maybe he is still around?
Yea we changed Twix's name to Oakley. We found his body and he had been attacked and killed...

I'm so sorry! This is such a horrible way to lose an animal. Are there a lot of predators where you live? How cold it is at night? I would keep food out for him and call him very often. Hopefully Oakley will find his way back!
Update: We found his body on the side of our house near the forest... He had been attacked and killed... When I went to look for him again, I found his body and his head had been eaten... 😭😭😭 RIP Oakley

I feel so bad for you! I'd just keep leaving out food and calling him.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortuneately he had been killed by an animal I think it was a coyote, and I found his body and his head was eaten

So sorry for your loss. Coyotes are the main problem here--one of our neighbors got their patio furniture destroyed and didn't know the culprit til they played their camera footage. We don't leave anything out, our bunnies would have to open 2 doors to escape and our small dog is 172 pounds so we are relatively safe. I can't imagine losing a companion that way--our hearts go out to you. An opposum got one of my Koi a couple of decades ago when we were in California--I was a rage filled monter for a couple of weeks, and the Opposum population decreased significantly.

Latest posts

Back