Goodbye my sweet baby Milly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lied........I don't feel better, I don't feel better at all! :(

For the past 2 nights I've had dreams of Milly and they have'nt been nice dreams. The last one has just woke me up, I just wish I felt better.

Some days I cry a little, some days I cry lots.Every day Hope make me laugh when she's being a dopey and everything feels alright............then I remember Milly is'nt hear anymore........I will never see him or hold him or kiss him ever again and I feel so guilty for loving and having fun with Hope.

Then I think he was only a rabbit, thats what my family and friends say, I only had him 7 weeks. But was he only a rabbit........no not to me, I loved him so much as much as someone would love their dog of 15 years or so.

I don't know why my baby bun made me love him so much in such a short time, I will never know. It will be 3 weeks today since I last felt his little licky kisses, Hope trys her best to be affectionate but it is'nt the same..........she's not Milly and I will never love her as much as I love him, but I do still love her.

Why do some animals hurt you more when they leave you? If Milly had died an old bunny and not a baby would it be different.........I will never know. :(

I love you loppy lugs, I miss you so much, Mammy x

Allow yourself time to grieve...it's only been 3 weeks.

Milly wasn't "only a bunny"; he was your friend. You shared a special bond during his short life. I have bawled over a mouse that died in a "live trap" in our basement (I was supposed to check it and empty it to set it free...messed up and I found myself burying it instead). Yes, what people would call a rodent pest...I cried over. And I can still see him and feel pain...and that was over 2 years ago.

It is wonderful that you love so much. But realize thatthe more and deeper we allow ourselves to love, the greater the pain can be. And you are right, some animals (or even people) just "click" with us...there seems to be this natural bond. Others become more dear to us over time. Some we love because they are our closest pals. Others we love because they are afraid and aloof, and never allow us to get closer to them than feeding and housing them.

Neither Hope nor Harvey could ever replace Milly. They are not supposed to. They are unique, special beings who are in your life now. Appreciate and love them with all you have for who they are...but never forget Milly.

Every person, every animal who passes through our life for no matter how short or long a time is there for a reason. Remember what Milly gave you...but give Hope and Harvey the opportunity to love you, too. Hope seems to want to make you smile, and Harvey really needs your love and attention right now with his tooth issue.

We lost a bunny young...he was very special...now our little guy, Pipkin...well, he has a personality similar to what Stewart did. Sometimes I cuddle him and tell him about Stewart. And when I do I sometimes get teary as I do. Many people would see me doing that and think I am crazy. But I don't care. It's healing. I never want to forget Stewart or stop loving him. And I want to love Pipkin deeply, too. He never minds if I tell him the stories of the funny things Stew did. And the cuddle time strengthens my bond with Pipkin while allowing me to look back on good memories.

So all that to say that I think it's all right for you to grieve...and don't let people tell you that you shouldn't...just don't let it paralyze you from living life to the fullest.

I will be thinking of you.

-Mary Ellen

Hey Milly Pants, once again you've got me talking to myself on a computer.:?

Just wanted you to know that I still love and miss you so much and just because I'm taking Hope out and never took you (apart from the vets) that it does'nt mean I love her more than you. You will always be my special baby.

Oh and another thing, when I see you at the bridge I'm going to kick your butt for leaving me so early and on my birthday. After that I will give you the biggest hug and kiss and never, ever let you go ever again.

Love you baby boy. x

I'm glad she said yes :)

This is really fitting for his thread.

Wow, that is very moving. It made me cry but it sure is a beautiful tribute. Did someone on RO post this in another thread or did you mean it was from a completely different forum but she knew about Milly? Probably not the best day for me to watch it as one of my buns is having major surgery tomorrow :(. Yikes.

It was someone from a completely different forum, I had only been a member for about 3 days when she did it. Thats why I thought it was nice to include Milly.

It has been exactly one month since I lost my baby and I STILL don't feel any better. I love Hope and Harvey but it's not the same, I don't feel like I will ever have a bond with any other rabbit like I did with Milly. :(

I love you Milly pants.......I just miss you SO much! :bigtears:

The day I brought you home, you looked so funny.

Picture006.jpg

Even with all your fur loss I still loved you and you always looked beautiful to me

HPIM1171.jpg

Everyone loved you, even Keyra cat in her own way

millyandkeyra.jpg

But most of all I loved you, no matter what you looked like...... no matter how many things you chewed and ruined.......I still love you and I always will.

HPIM1458.jpg

aww im so sry to hear about milly..i know theres nothing anyone can say to make the pain go away, but im here if you need to talk

binky free at the bridge milly

Those are awesome pics of Milly. I especially love the one of him looking pretty hairless. There's something about "special needs" animals that makes them even more beautiful and dear.

It's only been a month. It's okay to miss him. And it's okay to have a special bond with him that even death doesn't end.

I'd like to believe that your Milly and my Stewart are somewhere together enjoying endless yummy greens and binkying together with all the other bunnies that have crossed the bridge. And I'd like to believe, too, that one day we will cross the bridge and they will be there waiting. Until then, I think they'd be happy to know that we are sharing our homes with other rabbits and loving them, too. Maybe differently...but loving them nonetheless.

Thinking of you,

-Mary Ellen

I just sent you a PM :)

It is getting easier......I think. I still miss him like crazy and constantly think about him but Im starting to let the guilt go...... I still cry for him everyday but you know what, I'm starting to think...I did my best for him, I couldnt of loved or cared for him more than I did. And that none of this was actually my fault.

I laugh and smile more when I think of him, instead of crying all the time.

It does get easier Michelle believe me, I honestly thought I would never feel better but I sort of do in a way.

Like we said our beautiful black loppy boys will be causing havoc right now......together. :) :rainbow:

It really does take time to get over the loss....and it doesn't all happen at once.

Its almost like piece by piece you start getting parts of your soul back...one day you realize you haven't cried all day....another day you start to laugh at a memory....then another day you look at a picture and realize that while you teared up - you didn't actually cry....and then one day....months later - you realize..."I haven't cried in days....and I can smile and laugh again..."

And you realize that you'll make it through....

But it takes time!

Peg

Peg I feel like a yo yo half the time backwards and forwards...I ok, then Im not.

Yesterday I wasfeeling really positiveand that was good, today I'm back down again. :(

I wanted to share this pic I've just been sent.

It makes me laugh and cry, looking at him sat on the cloud. :):( I don't even know the person who sent it.....it touches me how kind people can be.

millyrainbow.jpg

Thank you Ali and Pixiemillymommy. :)

Hey baby boy....you've got your daddy with you now as well as all the beautiful bunnies we've lost here.

I still love and miss you Milly, its still not the same without you....... Hope and Harvey don't make things better. :( I still love and care for them but not in the same way I loved and love you.

Hope your having fun up there...you can start your own black lop club with Jack and Cooper maybe. :) Love you baby boy. x

It's been exactly 4 months since I lost you Milly, and you know it still feels like yesterday. I miss you so much and I think about you everyday, I don't think I will ever love another bunny quite as much as you. We still laugh at the funny little things you used to do, you really were a big part of our lives in such a short time.

I love you so much baby boy......I will never forget youx

Latest posts

Back