Goodbye my sweet baby boy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you all, who have adopted rabbits for many years, deal with a sudden loss like this? All of my pent up sorrow is just gushing out right now, preventing me from sleeping. I had to calm myself and not let this get to me because of work, but because of it, I'm constantly crying. I want my Shen back. It's not fair!
I'm so sorry. I have enjoyed reading about your bunnies and my tears are for you.

I've come a bit late to this, but I add my sincere condolences. If you ever need support, you are welcome to contact me (see profile).

So I got word from the vet. They believe it could have been a genetic defect that contributed to Shen's death. Which is a high possibility since he was a mix of Holland Lop and Netherland Dwarf. Genetic defects can and will happen.
Im so sorry for your loss, (though it is extremely late) I had a bunny named twinkie that was a dwarf hotot holland lop mix. The perfect bunny. Had the personality of a holland, super affectionate, loved snuggles and kisses with a pinch of sas. (especially when I wasnt petting her!) during surgery she died of the same means your shen did. :(

I guess this is the issue with backyard breeding/mix breeds

Last edited:
Im so sorry for your loss, (though it is extremely late) I had a bunny named twinkie that was a dwarf hotot holland lop mix. The perfect bunny. Had the personality of a holland, super affectionate, loved snuggles and kisses with a pinch of sas. (especially when I wasnt petting her!) during surgery she died of the same means your shen did. :(

I guess this is the issue with backyard breeding/mix breeds
I'm sorry for the loss of your bunny. And thank you. I still miss him, very much, and do hold back when I think about him. But then I look at my other bunnies and continue to think, "They're with a better family, thanks to him."

It's been two years since Shen's passing. I still miss him very much, but things are so much better, now. He passed during his surgery, which left my husband and I skeptical about having Rexy and Artemis go through it. Very glad they made it. I miss my Tu'er Shen, but he's in a better place and watching over my other bunnies. <3

I'm so sorry. I have enjoyed reading about your bunnies and my tears are for you.
I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s not fair! Many things in life are not but especially when we lose those we love whether our loved ones or our precious pets especially our buns! But you loved Shen well obviously by the pain you are experiencing and for that I’m so sorry and my tears are for you now as you grieve this loss but also know when we love well they are happy and leave wonderful memories for us to enjoy when the tests end! ❤️❤️💕💕🥰🥰🐇🐇😢😢

Latest posts

Back