Goodbye my sweet baby boy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dear! What misfortune, to be gone without any prior notice. One of the worst ways to lose a dear one. I'm so sorry for your loss, especially for Xiao Wu. I'm sure that she'll be fine as long as you're still there for her.
Binky free, Tu'er Shen.

Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry. I hope you’re doing okay 🧡
Having difficulty focusing at work. But I'll be fine. We're worried about Xiao Wu the most.

Oh dear! What misfortune, to be gone without any prior notice. One of the worst ways to lose a dear one. I'm so sorry for your loss, especially for Xiao Wu. I'm sure that she'll be fine as long as you're still there for her.
Binky free, Tu'er Shen.
He was almost 1 years old. We were preparing for a B-Day party for the two. But our focus will be solely on Xiao Wu.

I'm so sorry for your loss and definitely hope Xiao Wu won't have a hard time coping with his loss. You definitely provided a great home for Tu'er Shen in the time he was with you~

I'm so sorry for your loss and definitely hope Xiao Wu won't have a hard time coping with his loss. You definitely provided a great home for Tu'er Shen in the time he was with you~
Thank you.

It's just hard to believe he's gone. This is hurting so much more than I thought. It's even hurting my husband. He's been depressed all day since it happened.

Good news is that Xiao Wu is still eating and drinking. And every now and then, she'll come up to us, scratch at our leg, and bunny scope. She understands how we're feeling. She wasn't with Shen when it happened, but she knows he's missing.

IMG_20211025_195930028.jpg

So sorry for your loss, it breaks our heart too.
How do you all, who have adopted rabbits for many years, deal with a sudden loss like this? All of my pent up sorrow is just gushing out right now, preventing me from sleeping. I had to calm myself and not let this get to me because of work, but because of it, I'm constantly crying. I want my Shen back. It's not fair!

I hate to repeat myself. But in this case it certainly applies to you too. I´m so very sorry for your loss 😥

My heart breaks 💔for you Chibi. No words can really express what you are going through right now. But I get what it´s all about deep inside and just want to sit silently with you a little while and put my arm around you❤❤❤

Lots of prayers all across the Atlantic Ocean to you in the US from me in Scandinavia.

Over the decades we've rescued more than 50, rehomed some and others were with us til they passed. Every passing leaves a hole in your life and your heart--in the final analysis we can hang onto the good memories and celebrate their time with us--the sorrow never truly goes away.

Over the decades we've rescued more than 50, rehomed some and others were with us til they passed. Every passing leaves a hole in your life and your heart--in the final analysis we can hang onto the good memories and celebrate their time with us--the sorrow never truly goes away.
Very true. And honestly, if not for Shen, we wouldn't have thought of getting Xiao Wu and helping to make her life better than what she had before. And that's important.

So I got word from the vet. They believe it could have been a genetic defect that contributed to Shen's death. Which is a high possibility since he was a mix of Holland Lop and Netherland Dwarf. Genetic defects can and will happen.

And Miss Xiao Wu has been extra clingy since yesterday and we're giving her extra attention because of it. Gotta be calm. Gotta be relaxed. Rabbits are sensitive animals and can sense my emotions. I'm, still, going to celebrate Xiao Wu's birthday. She deserves it. She's a good bunny. I still love our diva.

And Miss Xiao Wu has been extra clingy since yesterday and we're giving her extra attention because of it. Gotta be calm. Gotta be relaxed. Rabbits are sensitive animals and can sense my emotions. I'm, still, going to celebrate Xiao Wu's birthday. She deserves it. She's a good bunny. I still love our diva.
Good to know that you two are doing somewhat better than the day before. Excellent news that Xiao is looking for your attention, she truly loves you and would probably follow you to the ends of the earth. She truly deserves it.

I just couldn't believe this when I saw it. I'm so sorry you've lost your little guy. All I can say is it takes time to get past the shock and pain of losing them, and just try your best to focus your attention on your remaining bun.

I just couldn't believe this when I saw it. I'm so sorry you've lost your little guy. All I can say is it takes time to get past the shock and pain of losing them, and just try your best to focus your attention on your remaining bun.
I am. I know it takes time. I've lost pets before, but losing Shen hurt as much as it did when I lost my mom. But yes. I am focusing my attention on Xiao Wu. She needs extra spoiling. Extra hay, extra space to zoomy.

Good to know that you two are doing somewhat better than the day before. Excellent news that Xiao is looking for your attention, she truly loves you and would probably follow you to the ends of the earth. She truly deserves it.
Yes. Yes she does. Extra spoils for the bunny.

I, also, learned she was thumping the other night, calling for him, like she has done before when she couldn't find him. Would explain why she has been extra clingy. She's been like this for a couple hours.

IMG_20211026_214842054_HDR.jpg

I’ve just seen this 😞. So so sorry for your loss ♥️ I lost a baby rescue bunny and only had him in my life for 3 or 4 days, but was devastated by it, I still shed a tear every now and then. There’s something about them that takes up a special place in our hearts. Sending love and hugs to you all x

I am truly so sorry for your loss. There are no words to make you feel better. Just know that you made his life better while he was here. My heart ❤ goes out to you.

Latest posts

Back