Goodbye my sweet baby boy

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Reaction score
How do you all, who have adopted rabbits for many years, deal with a sudden loss like this? All of my pent up sorrow is just gushing out right now, preventing me from sleeping. I had to calm myself and not let this get to me because of work, but because of it, I'm constantly crying. I want my Shen back. It's not fair!
I'm so sorry. I have enjoyed reading about your bunnies and my tears are for you.

LPC

Reaction score
I've come a bit late to this, but I add my sincere condolences. If you ever need support, you are welcome to contact me (see profile).

PeanutsPlace

Reaction score
So I got word from the vet. They believe it could have been a genetic defect that contributed to Shen's death. Which is a high possibility since he was a mix of Holland Lop and Netherland Dwarf. Genetic defects can and will happen.
Im so sorry for your loss, (though it is extremely late) I had a bunny named twinkie that was a dwarf hotot holland lop mix. The perfect bunny. Had the personality of a holland, super affectionate, loved snuggles and kisses with a pinch of sas. (especially when I wasnt petting her!) during surgery she died of the same means your shen did. :(

I guess this is the issue with backyard breeding/mix breeds

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im so sorry for your loss, (though it is extremely late) I had a bunny named twinkie that was a dwarf hotot holland lop mix. The perfect bunny. Had the personality of a holland, super affectionate, loved snuggles and kisses with a pinch of sas. (especially when I wasnt petting her!) during surgery she died of the same means your shen did. :(

I guess this is the issue with backyard breeding/mix breeds
I'm sorry for the loss of your bunny. And thank you. I still miss him, very much, and do hold back when I think about him. But then I look at my other bunnies and continue to think, "They're with a better family, thanks to him."