Good rabbit treats? ( not homemade )

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
Hi , does anyone know any , healthy store bought rabbit treats i can buy in person ??
Thanks !

Oxbow makes freeze dried strawberries. They're cut into small pieces so you don't have to break them up, and there is no added sugar. You'd think that would be easy to find, but it's not. It's crazy - they add sugar to everything now. I saw a big bag of dried blueberries at Costco and was going to get it for them, but looked at the ingredients and they added sugar. Fruit is already so sweet, there's no reason to add sugar for humans or pets imo. My 2 LOVE the Oxbow strawberries. They're fairly expensive for the size of the pkg, but they are cut very small, so they last a long time. They don't seem to care, they're just happy getting a treat.

Myself buy sometimes unsweetened dried fruits as snack. So me and the bunnies can eat while watching a movie 😂

Dried herbs is also a number one favorite and selective mint sticks (don’t know the name).

Otherwise I use pellets or dry the fruits in the oven but I’m lazy so I often buy instead.

Will my bun who isn't allowed veg , be able to eat herbs?
You could try, just one type at a time, very small amounts, wait two weeks before introducing something else. If your bunny does not deal with veg very well then definitely do not give fruit. It's hard to resist spoiling them but fruit is not good for them.

You could try, just one type at a time, very small amounts, wait two weeks before introducing something else. If your bunny does not deal with veg very well then definitely do not give fruit. It's hard to resist spoiling them but fruit is not good for them.
Yep , today I'm starting to introduce veg , as it's been a week of. A hay only diet , the tiniest bit of veg gives her gas and she stops eating ..

Yep , today I'm starting to introduce veg , as it's been a week of. A hay only diet , the tiniest bit of veg gives her gas and she stops eating ..
Since she had no hay last week I would suggest keeping her on hay for a few more days, and in the future make sure she gets hay absolutely every day, get some extra hay in case if you run out of it. Treats are not necessary and no need to spend money on them if you even can't buy hay. One thumb-sized piece of carrot or 1/4 of an apple would be enough, 2 stems of fresh herbs (mint, coriander/cilantro, dill etc), if you need treats for training you can use pellets just give one if she did what you've asked.

She can have gut problems because she doesn't have hay regularly, it is very important that she get it every day and unlimited, If she eats hay, lots of it, every single day she should never have any problems with her stomach, then you can give some greens, not much, just two stems of herbs per day is enough and watch how she reacts.

Since she had no hay last week I would suggest keeping her on hay for a few more days, and in the future make sure she gets hay absolutely every day, get some extra hay in case if you run out of it. Treats are not necessary and no need to spend money on them if you even can't buy hay. One thumb-sized piece of carrot or 1/4 of an apple would be enough, 2 stems of fresh herbs (mint, coriander/cilantro, dill etc), if you need treats for training you can use pellets just give one if she did what you've asked.

She can have gut problems because she doesn't have hay regularly, it is very important that she get it every day and unlimited, If she eats hay, lots of it, every single day she should never have any problems with her stomach, then you can give some greens, not much, just two stems of herbs per day is enough and watch how she reacts.
Veg upsets her tum

Veg upsets her tum
Her tum will get stronger if she has enough of hay (unlimited, every day, regularly).
I really suggest you ordering 20kg bale of hay it will cost you 3-6 pound and some sellers offer free UK delivery, or delivery will add another 5 pound. This will last you for a few months depending how many hay eaters you have there, you said 12 guinea pigs and 5 rabbits?

Her tum will get stronger if she has enough of hay (unlimited, every day, regularly).
I really suggest you to order 20kg bale of hay it will cost you 3-6 pound and some sellers offer free UK delivery, or delivery will add another 5 pound. This will last you for a few months depending how many hay eaters you have there, you said 12 guinea pigs and 5 rabbits?
The farm is shut

What kinds of veggies do you give her? They should only eat certain kinds, no iceberg lettuce or anything acidic like ripe tomatoes. Just curious as I just looked up a LONG list of what to give and not to give. Mine love cilantro and kale, baby spinach too!
Mine have lettuce , like red leaf

Oh, I didn't make the connection that your bunny is the one not eating greens. If a rabbit isn't on a daily diet that includes greens, then they should not be getting any treats - fruit or anything else.

Hay is the best thing for a rabbit and is the most important part of a rabbit's diet. They must have it 24/7. You can run out of pellets or greens or anything else, but don't ever run out of hay. Always have extra hay on hand. Always. (If a local farm is closed, find another. Hay is always available as it is necessary for those with horses and other animals.)

Someone said she can have fruit and oats mixed into her hay to make it yummier , since she wouldn't eat it .
She still keeps getting gas , and i don't suppose they can be on simethicone for long ( she gets it most days , sometimes for longer and sometimes even when shes not eating greens)
I'm not sure why , and am planning on calling my vet , tomorrow maybe

If she's having gas issues then don't feed anything sugary like fruit.

What has she been eating this past week?
Just hay and pellets , sometimes fruit , but not daily . ( i have to give her fruit for her to take her simethicone )

Latest posts

Back