Good Bye Naomi...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
After weeks of fighting with Naomi last winter to recover from head tilt, she seemed to recover remarkably well. Until yesterday that is. Her head started tilting again, she can no longer move. I can't bear to see her like this again and I go in for surgery tomorrow. So I have opted to have her put down, because I will not have the time to care for herwith my own health issues. This is really hard for me to do, I am heart broken.

I am so sorry Laura.
Naomi still had great care anda wonderful life with you for a bunny mom.

Binky free Naomi. :pink iris:

Take care and good luck with the surgery tomorrow. :hug:

Oh Laura, I am so very sorry, especially as you went through so much with her. Some things are just meant to be :(

I will be thinking of you all, and hoping your surgery goes well.

God Bless, beautiful little Naomi :(

Jan

I am so so sorry to read that it is time for Naomi to cross :rainbow:.

You've been a great bunny mom, the absolute tops. The pair of you have fought the good fight together for a very long time.:hug:

Will be thinking of you and Naomi...:purplepansy:

Autumn

Thank you guys. It's been a tough day. I adopted Naomi almost exactly a year ago to the day. She and I really bonded when she got sick last time, it was really hard to give up so easily on her this time but at the same time I feel relief that she is no longer suffering.

This is the third time in 3 years that I lost a rabbit and this is the second time in 2 years that Chase has lost a cage mate. I willnot be adding another rabbit to my family. I do not want to ever deal with this disease again so until the rest of herd passes on, I will not be adding another rabbit for fear that they too would fall ill.

RIP Naomi... binky free.:tears2:

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is a tough decision to make and I know it was your final act of love for her so that she would no longer suffer.

I'm sending good thoughts and wishes your way for your health and stuff....and the rest of the bunnies too.

Thank you everyone. It's been a very tough few days. I've been struggling to keep my emotions under control all weekend due to surgery and the fact that getting upset is extremely painful. I really miss Naomi already but everytime I picture how she was last week, unable to walk without flipping over, I know I did the right thing. I just really wish this had never happened, she was such a sweety. Life is so unfair sometimes.

She is free from pain now, and that's a very good thing. Now you can focus on getting yourself better, and know that you did the right thing.

Latest posts

Back