Going vertical

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonshadow

Reaction score
Does anyone else’s bunny like “going vertical” (what my dad dubbed jumping up onto higher and higher places)? Our free-roam bunny learned from our cat and figures out ways to get to the high places she goes.

During the night, my dad heard munching and went to take a look. Our bunny found a way onto his desk. Looks like we may have to move the things around…😅

Attachments

• CBA76A80-9EA5-4747-9D19-BFD03D53EB7B.jpeg
    CBA76A80-9EA5-4747-9D19-BFD03D53EB7B.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 888A17EE-DADE-4E7A-889D-951FD5379C69.jpeg
    888A17EE-DADE-4E7A-889D-951FD5379C69.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 0930EA70-27C7-4693-915E-92E282EBA10E.jpeg
    0930EA70-27C7-4693-915E-92E282EBA10E.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 16
  • A64593CB-076A-4C98-8327-A29295368DC9.jpeg
    A64593CB-076A-4C98-8327-A29295368DC9.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 76A246B2-F9B9-4698-8892-5591F1C1F3AC.jpeg
    76A246B2-F9B9-4698-8892-5591F1C1F3AC.jpeg
    320.8 KB · Views: 15
Ted jumps onto my roommate’s bed sometimes. It is sorta high off the floor, 32 inches.

Last Sunday we slept in. Roommate was half awake around 10:30 when Ted jumped up, then used a digging motion to get her sheet down to her waist. Then he repositioned, and got the sheet below her knees. Then he went near her head and stared at her, until she got up to give him breakfast. He’s a funny bunny.

Oh yes. My boys are veritable mountain goats!!

View attachment 56973

This was when Lawrence was brand new. In fact, he was still "Florence" at the time! I knew nothing of what rabbits were capable of. 🤣 🤣

I wonder if he was able to jump down? Or was he trapped up there until you put him on the floor?

When I saw Ted jumping off roomies bed, got concerned that he could hurt himself. So I created a kind of stairway that he could access to get off her bed more easily.

I wonder if he was able to jump down? Or was he trapped up there until you put him on the floor?

When I saw Ted jumping off roomies bed, got concerned that he could hurt himself. So I created a kind of stairway that he could access to get off her bed more easily.

If I remember correctly, he jumped down by himself! He's always been fearless, which hasn't helped calm daddy's fears at all.

I tried (but failed) to get a picture yesterday of Sir Lawrence trying to climb the record player. 🤣 🤣

I hate to be a party pooper but please be careful. Bunnies as prey animals have very light and fragile skeletons, very different from cats. Make sure any surface they jump on is big and non-slip and that the floor where they land is non-slip and soft.

I hate to be a party pooper but please be careful. Bunnies as prey animals have very light and fragile skeletons, very different from cats. Make sure any surface they jump on is big and non-slip and that the floor where they land is non-slip and soft.

Oh, I know. And I've learned a lot since then. I'm completely bunny-proofed now, and nowhere he can jump or get to would be unsafe for him! And, all the areas of the house where he can still climb (even up on a chair) is fully carpeted.

luckily for us, the highest place they've jumped on was on the bed 😆

My haven’t actually MANAGED to get high because I’m always there to poop THIER party😝!

No worries. The box tower we slapped together for them has stages to go up and down. Plus Shen loves pushing the box with the blanket on it to the floor. We have pillows on the floor near our bed for them. Carpeting for footing, and gradual levels for ascending and descending areas of my bedroom. They absolutely love it.

My bunny, Freya, has learned how to detach the pen from her main cage. She's a Mini Satin, 4 1/2 months old, and can't be more than 3~ pounds; and yet, she's has freakish strength. She can lift the side of the pen up and out of the hinges to hop right on out like the baddest little thing to ever exist.

Odyssey tried jumping over her 30" high pen once- half her body went over, half stayed behind so then she fell back. She tried again a couple of times with no success so now she's too chicken to jump over. 😂
Oddly she'll jump on furtniture that's taller than 30" but still can't jump over the pen. Don't have any pics of her jumping but this will suffice :)

Attachments

• IMG-6010.JPG
    IMG-6010.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 5
Speaking of rabbits trying to jump fences; when I first got my buck Forrest it was only him and Prim, and they had pens right next to each other, stupid I know 🤦🏼‍♀️ Forrest found out be could get on top of his cage and then could jump into Prim’s pen. So, my 3 month buck got in with my 5 month doe. Oops. Thankfully, she didn’t get pregnant and I started rotating their times in their pens 😂

Latest posts

Back