Going to hospital tomorrow- wish me luck!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PBJ is right - no straw and for the exact reason she said.
Sounds like you have some muscular pain - do you have TMJ? having your mouth open yanked on is likely to cause you not to move your mouth. However, recently I had dental work and the dentist hit the nerve in the back of my mouth.... over a month ago..... and I am just now getting to the point I can open it all the way. As painful as it was, I had to force my mouth open enough to eat. It was 2 weeks before I could actually eat a sandwich.

I tried to take a picture of my swollen face but it didn't come out the best sadly..

Recent picture of me 'normal' (blurry picture but the most recent- my compact camera is dyyyyying!):

IMG_1286.jpg

This is what I currently look like:

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

It doesn't show the bruising either which is coming up slowly, but it's quite faint at the moment. You can sort of see a faint shadow-type shade on my face which is actually the bruising.

Disappointed that it doesn't look as bad as it feels :p:p

And no, it's not that I want to take them again! I just find them really effective for the pain, when nothing else has worked. I had fentanyl yesterday which is pretty close to morphine, so stronger than tramadol and that didn't work either lol. I don't want to take it any longer than is necessary, because I want it to still work the next time I may need strong painkillers! If it eases I'll switch to just an anti-inflammatory later maybe.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Sounds like you have some muscular pain - do you have TMJ? having your mouth open yanked on is likely to cause you not to move your mouth. However, recently I had dental work and the dentist hit the nerve in the back of my mouth.... over a month ago..... and I am just now getting to the point I can open it all the way. As painful as it was, I had to force my mouth open enough to eat. It was 2 weeks before I could actually eat a sandwich.

Oooh ouch that sounds painful! :shock:

What's TMJ? I can move my mouth a bit more but when I do, my tongue (which isn't at all numb) feels really tingly. It's odd :expressionless

Definitely other than where the teeth were removed which really hurts, my jaw and the sides of my face really hurt too- just like I've been beaten up and punched each side several times by a big bloke! :cry2

The bruising is a lot more visible now- I'll post a couple new pics in a minute!

They had me on IV antibiotics in the hospital for some reason, and they've sent me home with them. I'm on Metronidazole, and it's horrible, horrible stuff. Making me feel really sick and woozy, much more so than the painkillers :( I didn't speak to the doctor this morning to ask why I've got them but I guess I might have had a bt of infection or something when they removed them....

I hope you feel better!:) When I had mouth pain I found Chloraseptic-a numbing spray- to help. It numbs your entire mouth but it feels really weird. Maybe It's not strong enough for severe pain though. What's ironic is that tomorrow I'm going to the oral surgeon to get a tooth that's growing in my gum the wrong way straitened out. But I freaked when they said anesthetic so I'm just doing the local-I'm not going to be asleep, just numb. Maybe now that I think about it, it's not such a good idea. Then the next day is my birthday. So I'll spend my birthday with a swollen mouth. Grr.:p

Mrs. PBJ wrote:
I said that wrong I ment thenoodles you want again cause its tradition.

You had it last time so you want it again. :p
Oooh ok I misunderstood sorry! I was paranoid thinking people would think I'm liking the drugs too much lol.:p I have been very drowsy all day- it took me 15 minutes to work out how to put my watch on earlier and I was convinced it was broken but I'd just done it wrong!

I managed to make some egg fried rice earlier with close supervision and help and I ate it with a teaspoon lol, because I can't open my mouth wide enough to fit anything bigger in! Took me an hour to eat half a plateful!

Thanks! I'm feeling a little better this evening now I've got a nice level of painkillers and a bit of food inside me.... Still nowhere back to normal Jen though!

I forgot to mention this earlier, but Dotty was not happy at me being gone yesterday and all night. She chewed a massive great hold in my pillowcase! And apparently she jumped up on Steve every hour from about 4am, looking for me. Wouldn't give him cuddles because she wanted me!

I am dreadind treat time tonight, because usually she's already on the bed waiting before I get in, and when I get in she tramples me for treats, including my head!! :shock::shock: I'll have to make sure I give her treats whilst I'm still sat up!

Dotty was so sweet last night!

When I got into bed, she was already there, as usual, and I gave her treats sat up- she ate them out of one hand with her front paws hanging over my other arm. Then when I laid down, she came and snuggled up under my chin instead of to the side of me, and she gave me kisses but on my chin and my nose- she stayed away from where it was sore! Then at about 5am this morning she jumped up and carefully snuggled up again, and stayed there til Steve got up at 6.15. Then when he was making the breakfast she jumped up carefully again for more snuggles. It's like she knew I was sore or something!

I barely slept at all last night- about 2 hours at most, and the rest of the time I was just lying awake feeling really drowsy and weird.

The antibiotics I'm on are so awful- I have just been throwing up after taking them this morning.:cry1::cry1::cry1: I remember taking them last year when I had glandular fever and I couldn't keep anything down then either. I'd only eaten a yoghurt this morning! :cry1:And the being sick did not help the pain either- I tried to count last night and I think I have about 12 or so stitches in my mouth? Including in both cheeks up the side where my teeth used to be, and on one side, there are stitches running along my gumline almost right to the front of my mouth! :shock:

I did just cheer myself up a bit with a nice long BarneyCuddle. He fell asleep with his paws on my shoulder, his head resting on my chest, ears pulled right the way back and tooth-purring, and then he fell asleep cuddled up in my lap. Bless him! He's so soft and cuddly, and it cheered me up after being so sick.

Gotta love them bunnies- better than painkillers!

Bunnies certainly are the best medicine *hugs* sorry your feeling so rough but it will all be worth while! When is this pain going to go away?
And bless Dotty for being so gentle :hearts:

My mum called the hospital (I can't talk properly yet) and the consultant said I can stop taking the antibiotics. Thank God for that. I'm guessing there was no infection and it was just a precaution and I had 3 doses via IV while I was in there so that was plenty apparently!

They have made me so ill i can't see peoperly, and I can't keep my eyes open, but I can't sleep at all, I just sort of 'snap out of it' every now and then! :?

mouse_chalk wrote:
My mum called the hospital (I can't talk properly yet) and the consultant said I can stop taking the antibiotics. Thank God for that. I'm guessing there was no infection and it was just a precaution and I had 3 doses via IV while I was in there so that was plenty apparently!
I think they give you antibiotics to as a precaution in case there is a infection. I was given antibiotics when my teeth were pulled.

mouse_chalk wrote:
I forgot to mention this earlier, but Dotty was not happy at me being gone yesterday and all night. She chewed a massive great hold in my pillowcase! And apparently she jumped up on Steve every hour from about 4am, looking for me. Wouldn't give him cuddles because she wanted me!
Dotty knows who she loves!! How sweet that she missed you but not you poor pillowcase....

When I got into bed, she was already there, as usual, and I gave her treats sat up- she ate them out of one hand with her front paws hanging over my other arm. Then when I laid down, she came and snuggled up under my chin instead of to the side of me, and she gave me kisses but on my chin and my nose- she stayed away from where it was sore! Then at about 5am this morning she jumped up and carefully snuggled up again, and stayed there til Steve got up at 6.15. Then when he was making the breakfast she jumped up carefully again for more snuggles. It's like she knew I was sore or something!
I think you got her right! She knows that your sore and is being gentle with you.

I did just cheer myself up a bit with a nice long BarneyCuddle. He fell asleep with his paws on my shoulder, his head resting on my chest, ears pulled right the way back and tooth-purring, and then he fell asleep cuddled up in my lap. Bless him! He's so soft and cuddly, and it cheered me up after being so sick.
Even Barney knows he needs to give you love.

Your bunnies defiantly missed you.

Fell better soon

Glad to hear your furry nursing staff is taking great care of you, Jen:bunnynurse:.

I hope the pain diminishes soon... Wisdom teeth are so painful to have removed:nerves1. Yay for your drugs!
Send my thanks to Steve for taking good care of you ;)

Big hugs to you, Jen:hug::pink iris:

mouse_chalk wrote:
I still can't open my mouth more than the teeniest bit- drinking through a straw
Ack! Don't drink through a straw! The pressure from sucking can cause dry sockets. Trust me, you don't want those! All four of my wisdom teeth went to dry sockets (probably because my mum didn't watch me close enough and I snuck into the kitchen and ate a cheeseburger and some popcorn the night after getting my teeth out). The straw thing is serious, though. Smoking and drinking through a straw can cause dry sockets (good chance).

I am sorry that you are in so much pain, Jen! I know the pain! :hug:

kherrmann3 wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
I still can't open my mouth more than the teeniest bit- drinking through a straw
Ack! Don't drink through a straw!
Yeah, don't worry, I'm not! I said further up that I can manage water out of a glass and that's all I've been drinking. :) I had to drink it out of a straw the first night because I couldn't sit up in hospital and couldnt open my mouth, but it's a little better now.

Still horrifically painful. I've spent all day sat on the sofa feeling terrible, trying to read the forum but not taking anything in, and trying to read a magazine but not taking it in either. I guess it doesn't help that I've only had 2 hours sleep in 48 hours. But I can't sleep! When I try, I just stay awake! I always get like this after I have a general anaesthetic, it's really strange. I'm taking myself to bed soon so fingers crossed for a better night tonight.

I have a hair appointment tomorrow :shock::shock: I can't decide whether to cancel it or not- partly because I feel so wobbly still and partly because I don't want anyone to see my fat hamster face, and partly because what if they accidentally knock my face when they wash/cut my hair? OUCH! I'll see how I feel in the morning I think. I'm due to get it highlighted so it might cheer me up if I can make it. Or I might just get really drowsy and pass out in the chair or something!

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Glad to hear your furry nursing staff is taking great care of you, Jen:bunnynurse:.

I hope the pain diminishes soon... Wisdom teeth are so painful to have removed:nerves1. Yay for your drugs!
Send my thanks to Steve for taking good care of you ;)

Big hugs to you, Jen:hug::pink iris:

Aww, thanks! :D

And lol at the furry nursing staff.... Don't let them hear you calling them staff!! :shock: :p

They have been great though. Even Chalk hopped up on the sofa last night and again this evening to give me a little kiss on the nose :hearts: She hardly ever does that anymore!

Bunnies are great healers :)

:sickbunny:

kherrmann3 wrote:
Has Dotty been waking you up with gentle bunny kisses? Or has Steve banished her from the bed until you heal?
Lol, that would never work! She wouldn't listen to Steve!

She jumped up at about 5am this morning, I think- can't remember what I said a bit further up this thread now, but she snuggled up to me very gently and groomed my face but only the bits that weren't sore- like my chin and my nose and forehead- she was very careful, almost like she knew which bits were sore and to avoid them. :)

I'm about to go and find out if she remembers that information or not tonight :p

Latest posts

Back