Going Home for 3 weeks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, after being in Edmonton for 18 months, John and I are going home to the UK for a visit :). I am going for 3 weeks, John is coming back after 2

I am so looking forward to it, but also kind of nervous, as I'm not sure how much things will have changed. My mom has had 2 mini strokes since I left, though fortunately has made a full recovery. However, after her fall while visiting us last year, she isn't as mobile as she was.

Most of my and John's family are expecting a visit, as well as our friends, so it's going to be a busy time. But I am definitely going to make time to visit the seaside - John and I miss the ocean soooo much!

So, Stan (Pet_Bunny), has taken Shadow, Jester and Georgia to look after them (THANK YOU, STAN :bow). Not only that, he is taking us to the airport tomorrow.

I will try and get online as much as possible (because I'm nosey and don't want to miss what's going on :p). Stay safe everyone and everybun :hug:

Jan

Your buns are in the best hands in Canada :)

Have an absolutely wonderful trip with your husband and family! I am so excited for you to get to go home!

Take lots of photos, and make some super memories!
We'll be expecting a full report :D
:missyou:bunnyhug:

Oh Jan I hope you have a wonderful time, I'm so happy for you! :)And thanks to Stan for bunnysitting and taking you to the airport - you won't have to worry about the buns at all which will make your trip worry free - you can just focus on enjoying yourself and visiting your loved ones :)Have a great time!

Aww Jan, I'm glad that you get to come back and visit friends and family! And of course, remember the lovely English weather! LOL.

I hope you have a lovely time- I agree with the others, you couldn't have a better bunny sitter than Stan nearby!

By the time you get back - I'll be married :D

Have a safe flight! :)

jcl_24 wrote:
Any updates during your holiday are of course welcome :D
Well Jan and John are at the airport. They will check in and wait until their flight is set. They fly direct to Glasgow? (I don't know my geography)and have 4 hour wait before connecting to the flight home.

mouse_chalk wrote:
By the time you get back - I'll be married :D
We talked about you in the van on the way to the airport. Jan figured it was too far to drop in on your wedding. :)

September 12 is Jan's anniversary, but John will be back in Canada, while Jan stays another week.

I was married September 12 too. :D I will be attending a nephew's wedding on the same day. :biggrin2:

:wave: Just a quick check-in - thanks for all the good wishes:)

We flew to Gatwick (not Glasgow ;)) then to Newcastle - took nearly 24 hours to get here, what with the time difference and all!

Have met some of John's family and most of mine (busy, busy, busy) though I still have to arrange when to meet friends.

My mom is doing really well, though is frailer and not as mobile as before. However we have taken her lots of places. We hired a wheelchair, but she finds all kinds of excuses not to use it :rollseyes.

One of the first things we did was visit the seaside and walk on the beach by the ocean - BLISS!!! Also ended up doing a walk across the heather-filled moors for hours, as John thought he knew the way, but didn't :X. Other things I realised that I missed - seeing sheep grazing in fields/ the British countryside/ blackbirds/ castles and stately homes/ lots of vegetarian choices in supermarkets and restaurants.

Things I haven't missed - drivers not giving way to pedestrians :pssd:/ hearing bad language all the time, (especially from kids), Drunks at all times of the day, every day/ BRITISH WEATHER!!!!

Will try and keep checking in. Take care, everyone!

Jan

Aww Jan, you're back in the great North East!:DIt's a shame you missed out on the summer as I swearon the 1st of Septemberthe inevitable rain started lashing down, although at least you get to rediscover the glory of British autumn time.;) (As a side note, I am going to Burghley horse trials tomorrow - so this rain better stop!;))

I hope you have a fab time while over here and get to have a nice catch up with everyone.:hug:

Latest posts

Back