giving up on rabbit bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manda

Reaction score
Its been like 7months now. Most of the time theare perfect on nuetral territory together but i feel like Ryo isunpredictable. i had to take Alex to the vet because Ryo tore a chunkout of his side! this is the second time it has happened. i dont getit. they are not fighting, Alex is not provoking it. he was laying, andRyo WALKED up to him, and BIT the crap out of him taking out some meat,and lots of fur.

Even when i move i dont think i will be trying bonding no more. she is just too unpredictable!

a month of groom and snuggling then a bloody mess?

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't workout. Like you said - the unpredictability is what makes it sohard. I would still keep them housed in the same room and whoknows - maybe in 6 months you might want to try again.

maybe i will try again. i am unsure. right nowAlex's cage is on top of Ryo. They still share my bed room as there outof cage area, or course out at seprate times. Ryo four hours, then Alexfour hours.

i am NOT getting any more rabbits. no way what so ever in this world.

like i said, they LOVE each other 80% of the time. constant grooming and being good buddies

This is why when I get my two rabbits I'll probably get pre-bonded ones. :O

We are still working on bonding our twoboys. They are fine half the time and then for no reasonDandi will provoke a fight with whoever happens to beclosest. Granted the vet is of the opinion that Dandi is abit mentally retarded...so I don't know if that would play a major rolein this. But we have gone back to having Dandi housedseprately from the other bunns but in the same room. We willwait a bit and try again. I am of the opinion that he maystill be dealing with hormones or be too immature right now.So we will continue to wait!

It's too bad about your kids! I understand totallythough! I want so badly to just give up somedays!But I am horrendously stubborn! I think I can out-stubbornour bunns! Either that or I'll just wear them down!We got full arm mittens they use for welding or moving hot wire!! Verydurable and strong! LOL I got tired of getting myfingers bitten!:D Maybe just step back and leave the bunns befor a while. Maybe once they are a little older they will bemore open to bonding! I've noticed that our one male hadreally mellowed in the last few months. It is the youngergoon doing all the damage here!

Good Luck with your babies!:)

I bonded my two bunnies.

I put them both in seperate hutches, let the male out to havea good sniff go to my new buns hutch and sniff through thebars etc.I then put him away let her out etc persisted for around amonth.

When they first met each other there was grunting etc and noises idnever heard before ! :shock:but now they get on fine !

When i first got my female bun she was "Horrid" , i dont mean thisnasty , she wasnt handled so bit me scratched , growled , now she istotally different !

Latest posts

Back