Giving our Babies a towel

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Hi can someone tell me if putting a towel in ourBunnies cage is a good idea? The reason I'm asking is our tworascals (lop eared dwarfs) use to be best buddies, well one was alittle under the weather for a day so we seperated them. Thenext day when we put them back together they started tofight. We had to seperate them and ended up building a secondlarge cage out of the NIC cubes.

The funny thing is when they are on our bed they love eachother they kiss & snuggle, when we put them in their room theystart to go at one another.

I thought it would be nice for them to have a towel to cozy up to.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Soooska

Not a good idea. The nylon fibers don'tpass through the digestive system very well and can cause a fatalblockage. Filling the cage with straw is just as fun for them:)

Pam

We put a towel in our cage one time and Pebblespeed all over it and sat on the wet towel all night. That wasnot good. My bunny likes to have something they can hide in,or cozy up in, orto feel secure. I have those loghuts, plastic stools, and upside down cardboard boxes they can crawlunder.

Rainbows! :)

Some rabbits do fine with towels or smallblankies, but I think I would only do it if I started them out reallyyoung like I did Bo.

He doesn't chew or anything on his, but he had a washcloth since we got him and he was very tiny.

Now he has fleece blankies, but if I even suspected he might chew them, he wouldn't have them.

We've never had towel problems with either of ourbuns. They enjoy snuggling up in an oversized cotton beach towl. Judyalso likes rearranging it whenever it's been taken out for washing. Shehides under it at times as well. They don't chew or soil it. Justvaries from bun to bun, I guess.

Here's Judy cozied up for the night in her favorite towel:
judy.jpg

When any of mine are in need of extra tlc forwhatever reason I give them a big 100% cotton towel, to cuddle into.They used to wee on it when they were baby rabbits, but they don't now.I tend not to leave towels in any cages except Ferdy'sbecausethe rest love trying to eat them as soon as they get better and I'dprefer them not to to be on the safe side.

It depends if they'd soil it or chew it up, if not then I'd be ok with it., otherwise as Pam says, straws fun.

It sounds to me though like they need to be rebonded, which can taketime. Looks like the one that was left in the cage decided it was allhis :?. As you probably know there are some good links on here aboutbonding, it doesn't take them long at all to stake out territory andforget they used to share. They probably see your bed as neutral space.Hope they get to be best buddies again :).

Kate

Latest posts

Back