Giving One Bunny Away?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

euphoriax

Reaction score
Rehoming One of My Bunnies
Care
So... I have two lionhead rabbits. They're both boys, and my mother and I got them from a pet shop. They're both boys, and very sweet when they arent together. I was told they had been neutered, and that they loved each other very much. They were sold as a pair. But... multiple things have happened, such as me finding out they most definitely arent neutered, getting them neutered, finding a way to fully separate them but still be inside my bedroom, and the eventual bonding process.
However, I just feel as if these two bunnies just hate each other. No matter what, they start fighting. Not nipping or chasing, full on fighting. I even took a break for a long time so that they could calm down. The only time they've stopped was when I did stress bonding, but that never worked either. I've been trying this for a while, and it's really stressing me out. And, I keep getting pressured by my parents to let them roam my room together, but I havent because that would just end in a complete disaster! But, I do want to keep one. Would it be okay to rehome one of them? I'm home enough that I'm able to give the one I keep plenty attention, so the bunny wouldn't be lonely whenever I went to work. I rarely leave the house anyway unless its FOR work haha.
I feel bad for rehoming one because I fell in love with both of them, but I honestly cannot take this and feel as if a weight would be lifted from my shoulders if I let one of them go to a safe place where he will find a much better home, while I try and get the other one suited to free roaming my bedroom.
Is this a good decision?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes 2 rabbits simply refuse to get along. It happens... I've experienced it myself.

It will only stress both rabbits to keep them in proximity to each other. If you can find a good home for one of them, no need to feel guilty (imo). It may be better for both of them.

In the future, you could always consider having him "date" other fixed females to pre-screen for potential compatibility. But that depends. He may do just fine as a single, indoor rabbit. Otherwise, rabbit rescues allow these bunny 'dates' if you so decide.

Latest posts

Back