Gimpy turned 10!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

degrassi

Valerie - Member
Reaction score
My little bunny is all grown up. Gimpy is now 10yo!!! Wow time flies as I still think of him as my little baby. He's gotten a bit grumpy in his old age but he's still a sweetheart. As he's gotten older he's stuck to his ways and hates change. Like this week I gave him a new box for a hide house as a Bday present. He protested the change by refusing to use the new box. His will is stronger then mine so after 5 days I gave him back his old chewed up house and he hopped right in :p He's a grouchy old man and I love him for it.

Happy Birthday, Gimpy!

How wonderful that you've had all these years with him, and I wish you many more! :)

I just love that idea, just like old people, he's set in his ways. Hope mine live that long, sound like a real sweetie. Happy Birthday and here's to lots more :)

Happy Birthday, Gimpy!

Hope you have many more happy, healthy birthdays! Like humans well-worn comfy shoes so is a bunny's hidey house! It takes allot of work to get them just right & comfy! Hope you had a great birthday with a yummy special bunny birthday treat!

Happy Birthday Gimpy! 2 digits ;) Haha so funny how he is set in his ways! I wish many more happy/grumpy birthdays in the future!

:brownbunny

Happy Birthday Gimpy!! Congrats on 10 years :D He sounds adorable :)

He definitely hates change. I moved last year and he didn't take to it well. Spent 6 weeks hiding in his box, refusing to come out. Even though we've been here almost a year he still refuses to come out and play when I setup his xpen. The layout of his cage/play area is exactly the same too. He only likes his regular toys and chews, won't touch anything new anymore. Its hard to tell how much is just him being grumpy or how much it is his age making it hard for him to move around. He's always had movement issues. When he was a baby he couldn't hop, hence the name Gimpy, and he still kind of 'walks' more then he hops. If he wants to sit in his box all day, he has earned it.

But I also love how excited he still gets when I give him banana. Thats the only thing that can crack his grumpy old man habits. :p

No bun can resist banana! I love the noise that buns make when they eat banana!

Latest posts

Back