GI Statis and other GI Issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindar37

Reaction score
Hi! Does anyone use Prozyme with their buns, and if so, how much do you give? I switched from giving the sugary ones I take, but I've seem this should be given by weight and I'm not sure how to use. All four of my buns are about 5lbs, Any suggestions?

Hi! Do you have any background on why you use Prozyme for your bunnies? Have they had stasis problems? I’ve heard of many people using supplements for their rabbits, such as support tablets and probiotics to put on their pellets. In my opinion, a healthy rabbit doesn’t need such things and will flourish on a hay, pellet and veggies diet. Are you using it as a precaution for healthy rabbits or treatment for sick ones?

Hi! Do you have any background on why you use Prozyme for your bunnies? Have they had stasis problems? I’ve heard of many people using supplements for their rabbits, such as support tablets and probiotics to put on their pellets. In my opinion, a healthy rabbit doesn’t need such things and will flourish on a hay, pellet and veggies diet. Are you using it as a precaution for healthy rabbits or treatment for sick ones?
Hi! I'm actually using it for both. My 4 yr old Mini lop Jackson (7lbs) has a ton of fur and while I brush a lot, he has been in statis once this year and my Exotic vet recommended it. His bonded mate has been fine, she is a miix of dutch/lionhead. They have 2 (1 yr old) babies who just like him, in terms of fur and they are both Mini lop/lion mix. They are just like him. They are all 5lbs. They all have a very good diet. They were eating out of my garden, till it ran out...organic lettuces, mini carrots and tops, minimal kale. They still eat that at night - about 1.5 c each, and each gets 1/8c of Oxbow Timothy pellets in the morning. I was giving them each 1 compressed Papaya enzyme tab and ran out. I have been reading and decided on this. The vet said that's fine, but I forgot to ask for a dose. I know it should be by weight for buns, and not age.

Ah okay. I’ve personally never used a dietary supplement so I’m not sure what the dosages are. They sound like very lucky bunnies getting all those veggies! Do they get hay?

You could always give your vet a call/message/email 🥰
Hopefully they feel better soon

Ah okay. I’ve personally never used a dietary supplement so I’m not sure what the dosages are. They sound like very lucky bunnies getting all those veggies! Do they get hay?

You could always give your vet a call/message/email 🥰
Hopefully they feel better soon
Yep, I get a large bale of Timothy Hay from a local horse farm for $6 a bale. It's probably first cutting, but they love it and it's freely fed all day long. It's probably 80% of their diet.

Latest posts

Back