GI stasis? =(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winggx

Reaction score
I am suspecting that my rabbit has GI stasis...
She didn't eat her hay and her pellets...
and didn't drink much water....
And her behavior seems a bit different from the past...
Like when I tried to hold her, she struggled very hard now....
But in the past, she would let me to hold her...

I am planning to bring her to the vet tomorrow.
Can someone who has experiences in this kind of situation give me some advices of what should I tell the doctor?

I'd also try some gentle tummy rubs. And maybe get some simethecone drops in the infant dept of a drugstore etc. You could put some in her water. or in the pumpkin [without pie spices]. Baby food is a good way to buy it or squash.

I would tell the Vet exactly what she usually eats and how much she's not eating now. If she's lethargic, or if she's hunched, belly pressed to the floor (signs of gas). Tell the Vet why you feel, because you know, she's not just herself. Also tell the Vet, or I would bring some of her poo with you so maybe it can be tested. This information is needed so that your Vet understands your bunny and I believe can make the best decision for care.

K

BTW, don't have experience with Stasis, but I did have a bout of Wry neck with one of my bunnies.

How is your bunny going..any improvements?

I've been through stasis with a few of my bunnies in the past.. Chocolate Bunny ended up in the emergency vet she went downhill very quick...the vet didn't think she would pull through cause she was so lethargic...but she did..i stayed up till the early hours just watching her and syringing her water.. my beautiful girl passed away last year..

I really hope your bunny is doing better..

Latest posts

Back