GI Stasis?,vet? PLEASE HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for replying I've been massaging stomach
He's not acting his normal self he's not taking treats and running up to me
Her hasen't pooped no

You can either choice to wait and see if you can get the stomach to start or take him to the vet.

How do the stomach feel is it bloated, if fully bloated it’s the vet. But if no bloating and you know the gi stasis aren’t because of blockage. You can syringe feed baby gas drops (simethicone) and critical care. Massage the stomach after and make him move around. It will help the stomach to start working. While gas drops will binde the gas, if he stopped eating because of gas pain.

As long your bunny don’t get in contact with clorox it shouldn’t be a problem. At my place we use a high percentage alcohol but it’s never a place where the bunnies can get in contact with.

I hope your bunny will start eating and it will clear up with his stomach. If he’s still not getting better after you tried, take him to the vet.

Myself have only handled blockage and gas pain.

You bunny dosen’t look like how mine do when they have stomach pain. With my upright ears he will have the ears pressed down when really in pain and will often change the position. Like no position is good while pressing the stomach to the floor. The ears will be up if it’s not all too painful but still have the shifting of position and pressing the stomach to the floor. But you know your bunny best and how he usually acts.

If you force him to move, will he go into hunched position again. If he do, he’s in pain.

If you bunny is a food lover, it can be early signs of refusing treats.

Thank You Thank You Thank You
- He is a food lover so πŸ€”πŸ˜•
- He also is acting like he can't find a good position
But he did flop and do the beach bather (so confused)

- I will ask my dad to get baby gas drops any brand you recommend
How much do you give a bunny

flopping and beach stretch can also be signs of gas pain. My bunny do the same when he’s in pain. But in my eyes the normal flop and stomach pain flop look differently.

https://www.amazon.com/Infants-Equate-Simethicone-Compare-Mylicon/dp/B008NFSPYC
Give 0,5 ml to 1 ml of gas drops that have 20 mg/ml oral suspension of a simethicone based infant gas drops. You should give it every hour for the first 3 hours to your bunny and massage the stomach.

Article about gas pains in rabbits and what to do:
https://rabbit.org/chapters/se-pennsylvania/GIStasis.htm

Then try giving a little critical care or soaked pellets into a watery substance by force feeding with a syringe. After eating massage the stomach and force him to move around.

But force feeding will be okay if you are sure your bunny don’t have a blockage. Otherwise it can be dangerous.

Latest posts

Back