GI Stasis?,vet? PLEASE HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found when my last girl didn't feel good and wasn't eating I had to entice her with foraged yard greens and that got the appetite rolling.
Dandelion, plantin, lavender, blackberry leaves.. all good for pain and helping digestion and get the gut moving.
If that doesn't work try some romaine or herbs such as dill, parsley etc. Wiggle under buns nose so he'll bite at it instead if letting him decide to say no straight up

I have heard giving a lightly made chamomile tea is good for their tummy's too.

Keep a close eye on bun and keep us posted on the progress. Hopefully bun bun will be eating by now and using the bathroom. That is the most important part.
Sorry I'm late to the question.. always hard waiting for answers to help you through to make wise decisions.

Sadly my girl did pass when she was 4 1/2, broke my world . Never did find out what went wrong. All I know is it all happened in 8 days. From her "not being herself" to dying in my hand at the vet.. so know when to go, and good luck to you and bunbun.

P.s. if you are not sure about syringe feeding, I recommend taking bun to vet and bypassing that option because you can also do it wrong (too fast, too much food etc) and it can cause bunny to choke. (They can't vomit)

Last edited:
Oxbow Critical Care - it's given for stasis to get the gut moving- but as mentioned above you can also soften pellets. My vet recommended mixing with raw unfiltered apple juice to help them want to eat/swallow (using syringe feed). It does work. House Rabbit Society is a well-respected site for all kinds of care, including stasis, and also includes a section for emergency type 'bunny meds' to have on hand in such cases (simethicone as example)- see this article re stasis and safe suggestions (incl. vet svc) for helping: Gastrointestinal Stasis: The Silent Killer | House Rabbit Society

Last edited:
Ok so I need advise so we are going to see a meteor shower and we'll probably be there for 7 hours and we can't bring him and I can't stay there and watch him do I give him the Baby has drops even though I can't keep on giving him the following doses ?

Latest posts

Back