getting out the water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atjurhs

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I went to the feed & grain co-op and bought a water bottle designed to fit on bunny hutch, but I can't get very much water to come out? At first it leaked a lot forming a vacuum, but now it doesn't let out very much at all, I mean very little. I'm afraid he won't get enough water

What can I do?

Maybe put a hole in the top of it?

Maybe ream out the inside of the tube?

other ideas that folks have used to get them going?

Thanks for any help!

Todd

Take it back for a refund and get a heavy ceramic water dish instead. Bottles are unreliable, breed bacteria and the mechanism can be very tricky for some bunnies to work. It's just not a natural way to drink. Water bowls may have to be cleaned and refilled more often, but I think that's more than worth it for a healthy, hydrated bunny.

he does have a pretty good amount urine - my daughter found that out :D

I totally agree with Whiskey. We abandoned water bottles years ago and switched to just using bowls for water. I've noticed my rabbits drink much more from a bowl too. And they are soo much easier to clean and to keep clean.
I prefer the water bowls that twist onto a clamp. These work great since they can't be tipped or spilled.

water bowls.jpg

went to WallyWorld yesterday and picked up a heavy ceramic bowl, about 3"x3". This morning got out a few pieces of wood and made a wood tray to hold the bowl. Then lined the inside edge of the tray with a bit of silicone to create a gasket of sorts to help hold the bowl in place. Next, I'll zip-tie the tray into one of the corners of the hutch.

That should do it.

IMG_3600.jpg

Whoaaaaa, I have never seen anyone put this much effort into a bunny's water dish! I wish you were my dad. :)

yea I pretty much build a "Rivera" for each of my pets, for me it's part of the fun of having a pet. I even grow food for the turtle, and I will for Kato. He will come to love being my families bunny

the zip ties are only on the wood tray, holding it in place. the bowl comes in and out of the tray and the silicone linning between the wood and the bowl helps hold the bowl in place, so it's harder to get knocked out.

Latest posts

Back