Getting old?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xhighflyerx

Reaction score
I had my rabbit for almost 4 years now. Shes a pretty big bunny and very active. About 10 minutes ago I opened her cage to feed her. Usually when I open the cage she gets curious and sticks her head out of the cage. I don't know what happened this time,but she fell out if the cage and landed on her side.

She didn't get up. I picked her up and started petting her. I then put her back in and she fell when entering the cage. It really scared me. Is she getting too old? Maybe sick? She's sitting fine in her cage now.

There's a possibility that she has an inner ear infection...maybe wry-neck. The best thing to do is get her to the Vet ASAP. This happened to one of my buns on Dec.30th. She has a long road to complete recovery but, she's getting there. This is not something that will go away on it's own. Nor is it something that you can cure by giving her something that is store bought.

I agree with Dootsmom and Aloha. She's either ill or hurt, and she needs to see a vet. Four years old actually isn't that old for a rabbit, it's about middle-aged. Rabbits can live for ten years or more.

Definitely calls for a vet visit. Wry-neck used to be a very serious ailment, but with modern vet medicine they can usually do something for the bunny provided they are seen by a vet sooner than later.

This morning I checked her out. She was just sitting there not being her usual self. I told my mom last night when it happened to call the vet in the morning. She had to bring my sisters to school and when she came back, my mom found her lying on her side in the cage. She immediately brought her to the vet but there was nothing they could do. She had already passed away :-( The vet said it was either old age or cancer. The weird thing is that she didn't show any signs of illness.

Earlier that week or even that day she was fine. I fed her some celery and she ran to it and ate it. She usually greets me when I'm in the room by running around her cage begging for attention. Then at night things were just horrible. I don't understand what could have happened.

I'm so sorry. Sometimes it's out of our hands. Prayers and good thoughts sent your way

She's over the bridge now...happy, healthy, and waiting for the day she'll see you again.

Buck will take good care of her.

.....binkie free little one.
~Jim

I'm so sorry for your loss:tears2:

Could you ask the vet for a necropsy? old age at 4 years? i dunno... If that were my bun I'd get a necropsy so i could know for sure what killed her.

Latest posts

Back