getting neutered and nervous owner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just hoping for some information. My 2 female rexes are going to be neutered on Thursday and I am a nervous reck. They will be 5 months and 1 week old so I know it is young, but they have started fighting, although I have never actually seen them fight. They have been separated but are miserable.

So although I Am a bit excited(they will be reintroduced soon and rebonding will begin) I am really scared about them getting operated on.

Is there anything in particular I should look out for or that I should do when I get them back? Any help would be much appreaciated!!:?

Jenni just went through the same thing with Gretchen. There's a lot of good tips in her thread.
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=14423&forum_id=16

One important thing is to ask your vet about pain meds. At the least, the buns should be given a shot of painkiller before they go home. Many vets will also send oral pain meds home also.

Also, check the weather. If it's going to be wet or cold then keep the buns indoors after their surgery, at least for a day or two.

Good luck! My Mocha was spayed when she was 4.5 months old and she did fine (aside from a bad bout of princess pouting).

Yes, it's very important that you ask about pain management. If they get home and don't eat at all, you should probably call your vet. But if they get pain meds, they will probably be comfortable enough to eat. I'm sure they will do fine, though. After coming home from the rescue, Amber was spayed at a year and a half (far older than what is reccommended) and she did fine.

I'll be thinking of your girls!

hehehe kinda thought that but keep saying sprayed!! I think People think I am a bit mad:colors:

Should I bring them home in seperate carry cases? I have 1 really big 1 which I take both in. Bring them back seperately?

the carry case I have is big enough for them both to do a bunny flop in( I got a bit carried away). My worry is incase they injure each other on the way home. it is a 5 min drive but you never know...

thats a good idea. I might try to separate the carrier into 2 bits. WOuld rather be safe than sorry!:bunnydance::colors:

Latest posts

Back