Getting mites out of environment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylova4eva

Reaction score
Ripley I believe has some sort of mites or something-he itches continually and can't keep his mind off it. I thought maybe I could see some flaky skin as well, but not for sure because he's white so it's very hard to see. Anyway, I gave him a dose of Revolution yesterday. Provided that helps, I'm thinking I'll have to find a way to get mites or whatever is causing this out of his environment so he doesn't end up like this again.
How should I clean everything? Just wipe/wash everything well? He has an xpen on a big rug-do I need to clean the rug really well somehow?

Wash everything that can be washed. If it doesn't fit in the washer, shove it in the deep freeze for a day or 2. Items like carpers are hard. Vacuum as much as you can, daily. Best to do that away from the rabbit so nothing hatches and makes it way into something that belongs to the rabbit and lives there until the revolution wears off. Other items can be washed if plastic, soaked and baked if wood, etc :)

Latest posts

Back