Getting a tooth pulled

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemyrabbit

Elise - Introductions & Blogs Moderator
Reaction score
In about an hour I have to go in to get a tooth pulled. Its a baby tooth without an adult tooth behind it. For some reason an adult tooth didn't develop my dentist said its a fairly common problem. I've already had 2 others pulled without adult teeth behind them. Now I'm going in for my last. I'm nervous. Wish me luck everyone!

Hope it went well & wasn't too bad! Sorry but my dental experiences haven't been the best. I now have a great dentist but it still scares me when its time to make that visit! Yes, when it comes to dental procedures ice cream & milk shakes should be prescribed & are the best to make you feel better inside & out! Hoping you are feeling better!

Just curious, why are they pulling it? I have a baby tooth with no adult tooth and I was told I could probably keep it until my 40's although more recently it looks like its root is dissolving on x-rays. It's still well seated but since I'm now seeing the dental students at my school for top-notch, cheap care, I'm considering getting an implant there instead.

Thanks for your good wishes everyone! I got it done, it was fine, but still pretty annoying. And now I'll have to wait a while until I can chew things on that side.

Missy, well first of all I had 3 baby teeth that didn't have any adult teeth behind it. I got 2 of them pulled about 2 months ago and the last was pulled today. Anyway, my 2 top front teeth are crooked and my orthodontist said that if I get those 2 baby teeth without adults behind them pulled braces would straighten them out even though I'm not 10 years old and "that's the only time the teeth can move". He said even though I'm no longer in that age group braces will still straighten them out so I guess I will get them. Also the reason I'm having my bottom tooth pulled is he said it will fall out anyway so I should just get it pulled now and maybe get some braces for the bottom as well. I don't know. I just thought it would be a good idea to pull them. Will decide what to do later.

I had the same issue, a baby tooth with no adult tooth behind, well actually, I had two. One of them is fine and I still currently have, the other one was basically just falling apart and had to come out, so I got it pulled. The dentist told me I could get the second one removed as well (because it will need to be done eventually) but I didn't bother, it's fine for now. So now I have a gap on the left hand side where one of my baby teeth was removed. The gap isn't a problem, it's not painful, you don't see it, but I think maybe eventually if I have the money I might get a ceramic put there, maybe when I get the second one taken out in the future.

I didn't want to say anything before you went but the only experience I had was getting 4 wisdom teeth removed. It was no fun and my dentist, one of the best ever, had his nurse cancel everyone else for the rest of the day, so, I guess he didn't have much fun either. Glad you came out alright. Nancy had to get braces at 40 as she broke her front four lower teeth loose, on Christmas eve of course. The dentist was a friend of ours so we were able to get it taken care of and he saved the teeth too.

Bec, my dentist said it would fall out when I was 40 and I don't really want that happening. Luckily the teeth without adult teeth behind them were in the back of the mouth so no one can see that they are missing. I wouldn't want to look weird when I smile with gaps in my teeth, lol.

Larry, aww, that's too bad about Nancy and one christmas eve. I'm glad her dentist got it all fixed up.

I still have all four of my wisdom teeth(they came in when I was 8 or 9, and I never noticed). I had braces when I was in 5th and 6th grade. The worst part was the periodic tightening, and the rubber bands, but I lived.

Latest posts

Back