Getting a Satin!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharfly

Reaction score
I found a local breeder with satins here! If you never seen one, their fur shimmers! The hair shafts are thinner then a regular rabbits fur so it gives it a shine :) Almost metallic look.

First picture of one I saw I fell in love!! She will be ready too go when Smokey is neutered and fully healed so I can Bond him with Nova and free up a cage for her.

The breeder sent me this pic she is the littlered girl :) She has had a rough start, Mom and first foster Mom abandoned her. Her 3rd Mom took her in and she is doing good now. She is pet only I could never breed and show my rabbits are my pets :)

Ruby.jpg

Pretty :D

It's actually quite fun to show your pets. That's how I started in the show world (although I had already been breeding rabbits for years). I still consider all of my rabbits pets (I have about 20 right now).

I love Satin coats, but I just can't take on another breed. Not only are they shiny, but their color is SO intense! If you ever want to see a satin, just visit a nearby show and look for them--it's like nothing else you've ever seen.

I am so excited too get Ruby :)
I would love to go to a show I hear the closet shows are in wetaskawin which is about 6-7 hour drive from here ( I am in the middle of now where lol). Smokey's breeder goes too the shows with his Bun. I even found a picture of him at a show on their facebook page :)
I was so surpized too find that satins are here, I have bred mice for years and all the good mouse breeders are in Europe and the USA. So I am not use to the idea that well bred animals are in my area lol. I now know there are Mini rex, holland lop, satins, rex, angora, lionheads, netherland dwarfs and Hotots breeders in my area :) All with perdigreed stock, no "I got my bunnies at a petshop and am now a breeder" lol

Latest posts

Back