Get to know each other game!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the very wilderness, no. But hiking trails are fun. They give me no way to get lost unless i get off the track.

TPBM _____?

It might be fun as i've never tried, but what i've seen gives me an impression that it's confusing to start with.

TPBM, have you had more male or female rabbits?

I've been to Rabbit Island (There is a place here in New Zealand called Rabbit Island) If that is the place your hinting. It is a beautiful beach, my favorite beach I've been to (Good memories)

I think the place I would visit in the world if I could choose, would be Britain and Ireland (Definitely Ireland).

TPBM have you had more than 10 Bunnies?

Nope. Iris is the fourth in our household.
I think that the Rabbit Island might be referring to Okunoshima in Hiroshima prefecture, Japan?

TPBM, how often does your rabbit binky/zoom?

Nope. Iris is the fourth in our household.
I think that the Rabbit Island might be referring to Okunoshima in Hiroshima prefecture, Japan?

TPBM, how often does your rabbit binky/zoom?
Ok thanks, I only know of New Zealand's Rabbit Island Beach, but I look that one up.

Oh, I just looked up Rabbit Island, and I would definitely go there, oh so cccuuuuuuuuttteeee. So many Rabbits. I'd just lay there and let them hop all around me and on me.

Yes, Japan. Visited Japan more than 50 years ago, but did not know of Rabbit Island then. TPBM has a rescue--remember, not just bunnies--we have fish, birds and even an Iguana.
WARNING: there is a sinister darkness to this historical explication, so beware if you do not wish to read some potentially upsetting content.

Spent a month in Japan during the summer of 1973, visiting Tokyo, Nara, Kyoto and Osaka. It was an amazing experience, but it was before I became a sushi hound, sadly. Okunoshima Island is a fascinating place - there are many videos of it on YouTube, along with a number of Aoshima Island ("Cat Island"). The backstory for the rabbits on Okunoshima is incredible: it was utilized by the Imperial Red Army as a secret laboratory for the testing and manufacturing of mustard and tear gases. When WW2 ended, the scientists and staff fled the island, but before they did, they released all of the remaining test rabbits. On an island with no more humans and no natural predators, they proliferated quickly.

My dying wish is that my body be cremated and my ashes scattered on Okunoshima...

I knew the history. Just like my tribe, the Cherokee--forced to leave their farms and plantations in Florida and Georgia by a racist President so cronies could steal the valuable land and possessions and not have to give compensation. They were marched all the way to a wilderness called Oklahoma and almost half died. The really sick thing the Army officers did was when they had to be ferried across the Mississippi River on boats, they forbade them to take any pets. All the family dogs jumped in but were unable to swim across the river and all drowned. The "Trail of Tears" is a pretty horrific read and even Louis L'amour started to write an account of it, but it was so horrific he never completed it.

Ow, heck I do. I now try to live off my
mere 2000m² of land, as much as I can, including raising rabbits for meat.

Right now my main chore is battling slugs, I yeet 50-300 across the brook every day. Hard times to grow vegetables in this weather.

TPBM is enthusiastic about growing vegetables too.

Enthusiastic, no, but we do a fair amount every year. I personally prefer growing fruits and berries.

TPBM has some kind of fruit tree (we have 3 apple trees)

We did get a Jonagold and a Valge Klaar sapling planted earlier this year, plus we also have one older apple tree that is nearly taken over by nature. So we also have 3. Used to have two others, but one got taken down completely and the other is just a large, tall stump so that mum can hang the laundry outside.

Tpbm has berry bushes? We have a restarted blackcurrant and a young redcurrant.

Latest posts

Back