Garden for BunBun

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

BunBun71

Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering what I can grow in my garden for my rabbit? Is there anything they can not eat from my garden?
I am going to plant tonight.
Thank you!
-BunBun71

Blue eyes

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basil, oregano, mint, dill, sage, lettuces, parsley, thyme, cilantro, carrots (for their green tops). Just be careful with mint. It will take over everything. I keep mint contained in pots.

BunBun71

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help. :) I will plant lots of the things that you said.

Preitler

Loony bunny guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fence wasn't tight enough, the kits got through - so I can tell you they love carrot tops (all gone), chives (also, they just left bare earth), and young cabbage. My gardening attempts are a desaster so far. They did nibble the beans, but there's something left of those. Pumpkin plants went untouched, but I feed pumpkin in winter.

If you have enough space, jerusalem artichokes are really great rabbit plants, I feed excess greens, they give shade in summer (up to 4m tall), and I harvest the tubers for me and the rabbits in Winter. They need to be protected from the buns until they are about 2ft, then it's a great place to spend the day.

BunBun71

Reaction score
My fence wasn't tight enough, the kits got through - so I can tell you they love carrot tops (all gone), chives (also, they just left bare earth), and young cabbage. My gardening attempts are a desaster so far. They did nibble the beans, but there's something left of those. Pumpkin plants went untouched, but I feed pumpkin in winter.

If you have enough space, jerusalem artichokes are really great rabbit plants, I feed excess greens, they give shade in summer (up to 4m tall), and I harvest the tubers for me and the rabbits in Winter. They need to be protected from the buns until they are about 2ft, then it's a great place to spend the day.
Sorry, that the buns got into the garden. :( Those jerusalem artichokes sound neat.🐰

BunBun71

Reaction score
@Karaliene I did not plant anything for BunBun yet, we planted for us. We did not have time to plant something for him. Today we will, though. :)