Game boy vs nintendo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
ok, so it's me again, asking what every one thinks of a certain product, wanting to know what your fave is:D.

this time it game boy/nintendo type things. please forgive me, i'm one of the only 'pure':)D:p:shock::?)teens on the planet left who has no clue. the closest i've come to something like this was a pixter when i was 10(ish). so i've been looking around tonight, mom's going birthday/christmas shopping soon and i'm trying to decide if i should ask for one of these things:p. but i really have no idea what's the best. i like the look of the nintendo ds lite and the game boy advance mirco the best. but i'm not really sure if the mirco is too, well, micro!

thanks for reading this, i'll love you forever if you reply, and thanks for putting up with me guys, you're the best!

~Anna:pinkbouce:

I personally, love the Nintendo DS. You can play regular gameboy games on it, as well as the actual Nintendo DS games :) The screen is a touch screen, which is very neat. And it comes in two shades of metallic colours -blue & red- as well as regular colours like white, light pink and others that I can't remember lol.

I have a white one. I love it. I play it quite often. I have about 8 or so games in total for it, and about 4 gameboy games.

Emily

Embarassingly enough, I have both. I had a "deprived" childhood; wasn't allowed to have a game system.

I found a micro on clearance for only $30 (usually 145), so I bought it.
It has a fabulous screen, better than the DS in my opinion. It is so small I can put it in the pocket of any of my clothers without it falling out. It plays Game boy advance games; since they are now "old" due to the rise of the DS, it is easy to find them for cheap. B/c the graphics on the screen are so good, even crappy games look kinda cool.

Walmart had a sale on the DS two months ago, going at 30$ off, down to 100. I bought one (metallic rose) on impulse. It is too big to fit in my coat pocket/jeans pocket safely, so I have to carry it in my purse. The games are cool, but they are still really expensive unless you get them secondhand (still pricy).
The DS stylus thing is cool to some degree; some games aren't as responsive as others.
I love the DS b/c the system is backwards compatible for the gameboy advance games.
I love the micro b.c it fits in my pocket for when I ride the bus/go anywhere, and the screen is bright like a flashlight in the dark. I'm also not scared of somebody stealing it, like I am with the DS (probably b/c the DS is cooler :) )

SOOOOO, honestly, the DS is probably the better system for your buck, because it is backwards compatible (so you can buy cheap GBA games); there won't likely be a new handheld release in the next few years, so it will be able to play all the games from the last 5-6 years until probably 5 years from now. Really good value.

(I still love my micro better, but it fits my constantly on the bus/waiting places/in school needs better in terms of portability in comparison to the DS. But that's just where I'm at right now :) Also, once I learn a game, I really like it. Haven't learned many DS games yet... once I get interested, I'll like it better:p)

ETA: I just read all of what I wrote... Wow, can you say "geek"?:biggrin2:

I have the pink nintendo ds lite. love it.

the game boy micro is a older system, so you will not find any new games for it. i suggest the ds, cause you can play advance and ds games on it. plus it is the newest system.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
ETA: I just read all of what I wrote... Wow, can you say "geek"?:biggrin2:

i think that so many times as i re-read what i write:D

i thought i read on wikipedia that their was a new nintendo coming out next year(and already out in japan?):?. here's something on it, i'm not sure if it's a good thing(drive prices down hopefully on the just plain ds) or a bad thing(no new games?)

:huh

i really am hopeless:whistling

There is a new DS coming. It has a bigger screen and doesn't play the old games. Just DS games. Also the internet browser is in the DS so you don't need the adapter thingy.

I personally like my DS. I love alot of the learning games they have for it.

JadeIcing wrote:
There is a new DS coming. It has a bigger screen and doesn't play the old games. Just DS games. Also the internet browser is in the DS so you don't need the adapter thingy.

I personally like my DS. I love alot of the learning games they have for it.
do you think they'll do deep discounts on the old ds(during christmas?)? and i wonder if they'll keep selling the old ds's games.......:huh

I got a DS. It's the white one. I almost never use it but got it b/c of Resident Evil. I also have mario party for it.
I know someone that has an adaption so you can down load the games, upload them onto the cartridge and have like 10 games on one cartridge. I would get it, I've been offered it before, but I don't play enough games for it to make any sense in me having.
With 12 pets your time is precious. LOL.

But the DS is pretty cool. :)

The DS may just drop in price. No idea when. I would say more than likely the closer to the release of the new ones. The DS games will play with it, just the game boy ones that won't.

My bf's daughter has a DS and I LOVE it!! I really like the games that she has for it (I could play Cooking Mama for days & I hate to cook...go figure).

I would go for the DS, come to think of it, I want one too *goes off to write on Christmas list*

I would ask for the current DS version, as it can play the GBA games. If you're not backwards-compatible, it's going to be really hard to afford more than 2-3 games. GBA games are now going for like 10 bucks in the hock shops around here.

I wouldn't be able to afford games if all I could buy were DS.

>>> It's kind of like how Nate bought the backwards-compatible 80 gb PS3, so that we could still play the PS2 games. I'm really glad he did; my brother bought the 40gb, and he's disappointed that he can't play his old stuff on it.

if you go to game stores such as game stop or something like that, you can usually buy secondhand nintendo ds's. you can also get secondhand games for cheaper too.

swanlake wrote:
if you go to game stores such as game stop or something like that, you can usually buy secondhand nintendo ds's. you can also get secondhand games for cheaper too.
that's a great idea! we have one in the wallmart plaza 5 minutes away:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back