Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would get your syringe ready and then pet him as if you were just having a cuddling session.
Rabbits have a gap in between there teeth (see picture). That will be were you put the this link was very helpful to me after neutering: Syringe Feeding - Tips & Tricks - Blog

I also smear banana on the tip of my syringe to make it taste better.

This probably won’t not work for you, because he isn’t eating but when I had to feed Pain killers after my rabbits neuter I squeezed it into some banana and then gave the banana to him.

Syringe feeding might be stressful for you both (it certainly was for me) but it’s for the best. Good luck and I hope he gets better
Thank you so much !!

Hi again.

Its day two of Kentaro's G.I. Stasis.
We have been force feeding him critical care. He hasn't improved... he's moving around more and grooming himself but he hasn't started eating on his own.

We squirt the critical care into his mouth via a syringe. We wrap him in a towel so he doesn't wiggle away. As soon as we set him down he basically spits it all out.

It's so hard. I really hope what we can get him to swallow is enough. But we are doing it the recommended dose each hour. We also administered his first shot today.

Don't squirt it in his mouth. Put it in his cheek area between cheek and side jaw. There, he will automatically swallow it. Just do a little at a time to give him time to swallow.
Okay thank you

Hey everyone!
Im happy to say kentaro is improving. He's still not eating a ton but we are still administering critical care, antibiotics, and shots. He is actually back to being active and curious. He licked stuff before but he is licking everything now??

He is licking the walls, carpet, water dish, table legs. Literally everything. Is this something I should be concerned with based on his current condition? Not just sampling, he is licking every square inch he can reach.

Thanks !

Latest posts

Back