G.I Stasis weaning recovery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helyn Fox

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I’m new to the site and hoping for a little advice from you knowledgable people.
Ozzie was taken to vets for stasis on 23rd December . Given meds to help stimulate and force feeding 4 hourly. Shes doing ok and starting to have movement in the last 2 days, but my new problem is that Ozzie is liking herself to ‘Paris Hilton’ and enjoying the 5* treatment! She sits quite happily and munches the C/care ( not so much the water) but come to self feeding and she’s having none of it ( even with the c/care put in her bowl) . She’ll even take some greens if it’s waved in her face, but on her own - nothing. Ive reduced her feeds to see if she’s tempted, but I’m being to think this bunny was given a silver spoon by the vet lol.
I’m hoping some of you lovely lot can help. I don’t want to stop her feeds altogether as I dont want a repeat of last week. Should I reduce her feeds again?
Thanks for reading.
Stressed out bunny mama and Ozzie ’Hilton’

It might not be that she likes the 5 star treatment but that there is still an underlying problem causing the continued behavior. Did the vet do a thorough dental exam? That would be the most likely cause for the type of behavior you are describing.

Yes , she did thoroughly check her teeth. She said there were a couple of starting spurs on 2 teeth, but no lesions or abscess to be seen.

The vet said she wasn’t worried about the teeth as they would be ground down once back on hay. I can stick anything in front of her and she will take it and eat it, be it strands of hay or leaf veg. I think another trip to the vet may be in order to re check her perhaps

Latest posts

Back