Fuzzy update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valaria243

Reaction score
I just wanted to give an update on Fuzzy's progress.
Recap: Fuzzy is a spayed female, 9 yr old Lop mix that started having weakness in her hind legs in Dec. Xrays showed no fractures/damage but she was dragging hind legs.
People suggested that she might have the ec parasite and I printed out the info from the links they suggested and took them to my vet. She agreed it worth a shot and started Fuzzy on Panacur. Fuzzy has been taking it for 4 weeks and there has been quite the improvement. She is still unable to stand on hind legs without falling over but she regained the strength of her front legs and is able to pull herself around. Her appetite has improved dramatically and she has been more like her old self attitude wise.

:woohoo

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to the ones who gave me the advice about the parasite and to take her back in. I truly believe you all helped to save her life when the vets were originally ready to write her off.

I'm so glad to hear Fuzzy responded to the meds and was able to recover some of her mobility and her appetite and attitude :) I lost a rabbit to EC, so it's always great to hear about other's rabbits surviving it.

Congratulations to you & Fuzzy! So glad Fuzzy is improving & eating better! Also, as a newby here it is nice to know that you were able to get help here when you evidently had a very serious problem. I appreciate helpful advice myself & try to help when I can! Best wishes to you & Fuzzy for continued improvement!

:clapping: Glad to hear she's doing better. We went thru the same thing with our girl Coal but there wasn't much we could do. She was almost 14 and there was nothing wrong with her, it was just her time and she was shutting down.

Latest posts

Back