Future bonding success?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sealy

Reaction score
Sage & Oregano, my 3-4 mo. Lionhead brothers havealways been so bonded. When I first brought them home ( a month or so ago) I put them together in one cage as they were at the shelter. Since then of course, they have begun fighting, so I separated them. They have a 2 story NIC cage that is now divided into 2 with wire panels separating them.
They still seem to be very bonded- they groom each other through the bars, play tug of war, share whatever is there at their meeting point. But put them together and they fight. And of course the amount of territory poops are unreal.
If I am understanding the neuter schedule right, they should be able to be neuterd soon - next month ( their testicles have not fully developed yet.. just sacs and tiny bits) After they are both neutered, does their now behavior indicate they could be reunited in one space, also, will the territorial poops slow down?

~Sealy

Very possible but bonding is a guessing game. I had two that throught the bars but outside would fight. Since than one has passed so not sure if maybe someday that would have changed.

I figured it would be a 50/50. We'll just have to wait and see. Kinda silly isn't it? Best friends through the bars but enemies without them. But then what do I know. I think like a human ;)

Thanks for the answer :)

~Sealy

Latest posts

Back