Furbies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbunny

Reaction score
Most 90's kids probably had a Furby. Yesterday I saw a TV ad advertising new furbies! I'm 19 years old but I think I'm going to ask Santa to bring me one this year :) Any other big babies going to get one of the new Furbies?

YES! I saw that a while back! I pretty much loved my furbies and I really, really want one of the new ones. They look AWESOME.

Are you a young'un? :biggrin: Furbies were this mildly creepy robot pet thing from the 90's. They're pretty awesome, I had like four of them.

I had like 4 of them too! They were all different colors.

THEN, when we were cleaning out the attic at my in-laws house, I brought this box down. It had been sitting on the floor for like 20 minutes, I got up and kicked the box. The furby inside of it WOKE UP. After 10 years in a box, he woke up!
I almost peed my pants because it scared me so bad! It was my sister in-laws.
It was so funny!

whitelop wrote:
I had like 4 of them too! They were all different colors.

THEN, when we were cleaning out the attic at my in-laws house, I brought this box down. It had been sitting on the floor for like 20 minutes, I got up and kicked the box. The furby inside of it WOKE UP. After 10 years in a box, he woke up!
I almost peed my pants because it scared me so bad! It was my sister in-laws.
It was so funny!

LOL! I remember my Furby randomly telling me in the middle of the night ''I love you''.

Hahaha yes i am a "young un", i'm 12! :) :) I do recognize them now, though i never bought one!

Oh god no. I had the cow print one and the baby blue one, and my sister decided one night to put them under my bed turned on. I was trying to sleep and those things came on and started talking and I was like NOPE, and slept in the living room lmfao.

Those things scared the daylights out of me.

THEY'RE EVIL.

I had a black and white one that I got for Christmas the year they came out. I was never very attached to mine though.

lauratunes12 wrote:
I never had one, but I so badly wanted one. My mom told me they were too expensive. I think really they just creeped her out.

These new ones are quite expensive as well. The small print on the ad said they were approx. €80 ($104). If they were a little bit cheaper I would definitely get one for myself.

Hyatt101 wrote:
Hahaha yes i am a "young un", i'm 12! :) :) I do recognize them now, though i never bought one!
wow, I had no idea you were that young - you certainly don't act it! :)

I had a furby once, it creeped me out a bit though. I'd always turn it to face away from me at night 'cause I could just imagine waking up in the middle of the night to it staring at me with glowing red eyes or something :p

Its already on my christmas list :) And at least these new ones turn off after a few mins and dont come on until you touch them. I remember the first one I ever got wouldnt ever turn off! Just walking by it would wake it up

I find them creapy. When I saw them in the store I couldn't believe it. I love stuffies, but I think I will stick to my bunny pillow pets. :p

Furbies are evil! I had a white one that never stopped talking. It would be in my toy box all the time and it would sound like the girl from The Exorcist with the multiple voice thing. I'm not sure if it was a battery problem, or because I always beat the crap out of it but it was scary.
I broke it one day after I was done being scared of it.

I am 27 years old and want a Furby :D Oh and I have several Pillow Pets that I love. My penguin Pillow Pet has lived on the couch for the past almost 2 years and is squished nearly flat, while my panda is next to the bed. If I have trouble falling asleep, I hug the panda. I also have a Beanie Buddy moose that I sleep with each night. He was a gift from my husband a couple years ago and he may or may not regret buying it for me :D The penguin Pillow Pet was from him also.

Latest posts

Back